The Official Chris Eubank Jr Ducks List Thread

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Sep 30, 2017.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Danny Jacobs - Eubank Jr achieved the #1 mandatory position to Jacobs WBA strap by winning a final eliminator vs Spike O'Sullivan, a war in which Eubank was rocked and buzzed several times by a LMW.

Eubank and team then declined their opportunity to fight Jacobs and in doing so were removed from the WBA rankings stating they wished to win the British title outright before moving onto world honours.

Tommy Langford - Following the Jacobs mess, Eubank was scheduled to fight Tommy Langford to defend his British title. 4 weeks before the bout Eubank pulled out of the fight citing an elbow injury. Many experts and fans questioned the legitimacy of the injury including the promoters of the fight themselves, promoting Eubank and team to release a statement expressing that they felt Jr was "above British level" and that in the aftermath of the Blackwell incident they didn't want to see Jr in any more mismatches.

All well and good really, except their statement completely contradicts their reasoning for NOT fighting Jacobs for the WBA. He didn't want to fight Jacobs because he wanted to win the British title outright but then pulls out of Langford because he is above British level? Wtf?

Billy-Joe Saunders - Will it, won't it? After dropping a decision to Saunders at MW, Eubank has continually stuck his fingers up to his own fans and denied them the fight they most want to see. Saunders has twice signed a contract to rematch Eubank and twice Eubank has declined the fight. Why?

GGG - Will probably go down as one of the most blatant and hilarious ducks in recent history. Fair play to the Eubank's, if they did it for publicity with no intention of actually taking the fight then it worked.

The fight was abandoned when the Eubank's failed to sign the fight contract before the deadline specified by Golovkin's camp, causing Golovkin's team to take a fight with Kell Brook instead.

A quote from Eddie Hearn:

"I worked for three weeks on that fight (Eubank Jr versus Golovkin), negotiating with Chris Eubank Sr. It felt like three years.

"We got into a position where everybody was ready to sign. He (Eubank Jr) was offered the same pay-per-view deal as Anthony Joshua, Carl Froch and the one that Kell Brook accepted.

"Unfortunately they (the Eubanks) made the deal impossible. The things they wanted were just a complete no-go. They were given a deadline and they chose not to take the fight."

Unconfirmed: James DeGale

2. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I wouldnt really say he ducked them as such just more used their names to get him some publicity. In hindsight avoiding jacobs was the smart move. At least with golovkin if he did lose people would be like its golovkin afterall. Few we,re big on jacobs at the time they we,re talking about fighting him tho...was only after the golovkin fight people realised he wasnt damaged goods with the cancer etc. Guys an inspiration.

He also wasnt ready for golovkin at the time. But got him plenty of exposure. Tbf it works for them. Boxings a business afterall. I dont think hes a ducker...its just that it makes more sense to play the game for long term gain. Even if he was to pull out of the groves fight if they both meet each other in the semis.

Apparently both on set fees for the tournament or each fight. They dont get the ppv money. And thats a decent bit of cash to lose out on i bet. Depends on the set fee really. You could understand the thinking of the pull out not that i agree with it.

He,ll get their eventually tho if they keep winning. The old mans not as stupid as he seems...i think the mistake hes making tho is the promoters of today arent quite as cut throat as the guys when he was coming through. You can still make big money working with them if not more money. Dont think the pennys dropped for him yet tho. Risky strategy hes going with. Either that or he knows eubanks junior isnt as good as he proclaims.

Howitzer1888 and yesihavearm2 like this.
  3. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if he finds an excuse to pull out the Groves fight if they are both win

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Yep, there's no way he fights Groves. He'd be embarrassed.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    As a staunch Eubank supporter and defender I have to admit your list is legitimate but should be qualified.

Yeah he avoided Langford but I refuse to class it a duck. I don't think for a second he was afraid of Langford. He would have done a Blackwell job on him and as ridiculous as the letter was, I agree it would have actually been dangerous, Langford is leagues below Jr.

Golovkin was purely down to his dad IMO. Eddie even said Jr wasn't at any of the talks and he doubted he even saw the terms. His dad was making crazy demands about commentators etc. It was a duck but more from English.

6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Well you forgot to add he ducked WBSS but then he was so scared of that fact that David Benavidez wasn't in the WBSS he signed up anyway knowing he was going to pull out ASAP.

GGG ducked Sergio Mora, Lara and Saunders, as well as Eubank Jr.

As you can see he does not like a slick Southpaw and Jr throws too many punches

7. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Fair points on Langford, I don't think many people would pick against Jr there. It just didn't look good when they banged on for so long about wanting to win the British title outright.

Not sure about GGG, I don't think they have a chance in that fight and it was just talk to build profile most likely.

8. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    He hasn't ducked out of WBSS.....yet.

DirtyOldTown likes this.
  9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Chris Eubank JR needs to become his own man and dictate his own fights

Unfortunately his dad, who was well known as a cherry picker until later on in his career when he faced the best, is having too much influence on his career

Still atleast if he faces Groves we get to see him in another competitive fight

10. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Ducked me out in Manchester one night.

11. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    And when he had that interim title he would only fight Saunders if Saunders gave up his wbo mandatory shot because his wanted to keep that title like Saunders was gonna give up his title shot and eubank vacates the title anyway don't know how he has fans

12. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    What a pathetic scummy troll you are, OP.

13. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    GG v Jr is a super fight. Biggest clash in the UK for years IMO.

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’d love to see it, the build up etc but honestly, i can see GG keeping his discipline for around 8 rounds and working off that superb jab, with Eubank coming on strong in the last 4 rounds with his phenomenal work rate and stamina, but ultimately not having the power to put GG in any serious trouble.

I think when it comes to the elite level, skills nearly always beat workrate.

15. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    This is a legitimate list, the only thing pathetic here is your hero worshipping fanboyism. Either make a relevant comment or hush your gums, newbee.

Another over emotional reaction because someone has an opinion on one of your favourite fighters. What a surprise you also like Eubank, another fighter more interested in looking at his own reflection in the mirror than being in the ring.