The official K1 & general kickboxing thread

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Who do you see winning this?

2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hari managed to drop his opponent heavily 3x before getting taken out with a high kick. No heart Hari strikes again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Brixton Bomber likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Damn. End of an era, feels like. :ohno

[media]Ndh6nef1lPE[/media]

Longtime fanboy of Il Dottore, so this one stings, but - good for Superbon all the same.

This doesn't feel quite as huge as when Andy Ristie broke his last undefeated streak, despite this one being longer (chronologically). That was six years, but he went like 41-0-1-1 and cleaned house fighting many of the best; this run was eight years but he was much less active, going 18-0-0-1, some decent wins in the mix but nothing like from '07-2013.

Samart'sTeep likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    [media]id=426875742130510;type=post;user=100044242638769[/media]

5. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So, coming up on a year since Petrosyan's bounceback fight after the Superbon loss with nothing lined up and no word on retirement (and it wouldn't have been a shock him riding into the sunset on the back of a W as his final impression) but he is getting dropped for inactivity from several media outlets' p4p rankings. One Championship still lists him as their #4 at featherweight.

Samart'sTeep likes this.
  7. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    He looked pretty bad in that comeback fight. He almost looked like a shot fighter at times. His timing and accuracy were off. His reflexes and his speed weren't there anymore. He was getting hit with some shots that he shouldn't have by a far inferior fighter. Fatih Aydin landed a high kick to the side of his head after setting it up with a left straight right hook combo. Petrosyan still landed some nice intercepting knees and some sharp left hand counters. He set up some good lead right uppercuts after getting him to shell up. But he just didn't look like a world class fighter anymore. I think we have to give him a little bit of a break since he was coming off such a brutal knockout, and he definitely seemed gun-shy. But maybe he knows it's time to call it quits.

I always thought he was at his absolute best when he fought back in K1. He peaked at a very young age, and that peak was nothing short of phenomenal. But he was still such a tremendous fighter that he continued to dominate the next decade even as he slowly declined. He definitely seemed like he had lost a few steps when Superbon took him out. It was still a high quality victory for him, but that might have been Petrosyan's last fight as an elite level fighter.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023