The official K1 & general kickboxing thread

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Kid Dynamite

Kid Dynamite Member Full Member

May 27, 2009
  2. Grievesy

Grievesy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2008
  3. yaca you

yaca you Someone past surprise Full Member

Jun 1, 2010
  4. cat_funt

cat_funt Arsehole of the world Full Member

Jul 4, 2010
    ****ing love K-1 hope this will be shown on eurosport!

5. yaca you

Jun 1, 2010
    now if only this could happen once more

This content is protected

come on people you know you want it!

6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    :good

I've been eagerly anticipating Petrosyan's return to K1 since last year's Max Final.

7. yaca you

Jun 1, 2010
    if somehow buakaw did get in the max tournement and fought petro who you got to win it?

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I like the K1 grand prix. When is it?

Looking forward to see Hari, Overeem too. Schilts interesting cos he is a formidable opponent even if he's lost.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I think the 3-round format would favor the Armenian.

10. Grievesy

Feb 16, 2008
    K-1 MAX Final 16 lineup has been announced.:happy

Giorgio Petrosyan v. Vitaly Horkou
    Gago Drago v. Su Hwan Le
    Artur Kyshenko v. Mo Khamal
    Mike Zambidis v. Chahid Oulad El Hadj
    Michal Glogowski v. Sagatpetch

Winners of those fights join Sato, Kraus and Nagashima in the final. Obviously without Buakaw and Souwer which is disappointing. Also notice a new Thai addition in Sagatpetch. I have never seen him or heard of him before, but after a little research found out he is a two time Lumpini champ and a former Rajadamnern champ. Currently a lightweight so will be moving up in weight for the tourny. Could maybe be a darkhorse this year? Although his size will make it tough for him.

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/9/10/1680188/max-final-16-card-announced

11. yaca you

Jun 1, 2010

seems to be skilled (obviously being a 2 division Lumpini champ and Rajadomnern champ) He seemed to use a lot of clinching in the fights I have seen, can he adapt, has he fought under current K1 rules before?

It doesnt matter, with the size advantage for petrosayn, and the ruleset, I cant see sagatpetch Ingram gym beating him.

Interesting I see no hinata on the final 16 would be interesting to see them eventually fight a rematch in k1, I guess it will have to wait.

with buakaw and souwer not participating:|, it seems a petro vs kyshenko match could be on the horizon which would be very entertaining.:happy

but you cant count out sato.:deal

Yuichiro Nagashima needs to go away.:deal

I cant help but be exited for the upcoming k1 events:thumbsup glad it still continues!

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So my picks for both the Max and GP finals (next month and December, respectively) are pretty boring and "safe", IMO:

Übereem at heavyweight and the Doctor at 70kg.

How about everybody else? :yep

13. Rob_Floyd

Rob_Floyd Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 2, 2010
    I have Schilt and Petrosyan, which is even more safe. However, I will be cheering for Overeem and Zambidis.

I think Overeem will have a lot of trouble with Ghita if they both make it through, which they should.

14. Grievesy

Feb 16, 2008
    My picks as well.:good Although I wouldn't say Overeem is a 'safe' pick as such. Beating Schilt will be a huge task. Apart from that though I don't see how Overeem doesn't reach the final. He should handle his side of the bracket, even though Ghita should give him a run for his money.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The 2010 K1 World Max is less than a week away! :ibutt

The Kokugikan is set to detonate at 5am EST on the morning of Monday 11/8.

Unfortunately, according to the HDNet schedule on the K-1 website they are not showing it until over a week later on Friday 11/19!!! :fire:fire

Hopefully that is changed and they end up showing it as it happens.

It would really, really suck to not be able to see this live in HD.