The official K1 & general kickboxing thread

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Lynchburg

Lynchburg Guest

Of course not... It's not that big in England at all. There is nowhere to watch it on the TV or on payonline :(

I really love K1 as it helps me with my Muay Thai a little more than watching MMA as the fighters have to think about the takedown so strike less.

I am watching it at work at the moment however:thumbsup

Lynchburg

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This was a satisfying event top to bottom...with the possible exception of seeing Fujimoto needlessly slaughtered.

Aerts is a bad mother****er.

Overeem is savage! :ibutt

3. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Congrates to Overeem! He is indeed a savage!

4. Serenata

Serenata Fit und geimpft Full Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Bet K1 final in years

5. moreorless

moreorless Active Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2010
    It will be interesting to see how this effects Overeem, with some guys winning that first big title(and lets be honiest the SF HW title isnt that big yet) seems to give them even more confidense where as sometimes it causes them to let their foot of the gas pedal.

I'm hopeful its going to be the former with Overeem as this is really only the 3rd time he's had a shot at the bigtime(2005 MWGP and last years K1 WGP). With Mirko I think being the nearly man so many times made the OWGP win that much more speical and much harder to carry on from at the same level.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    If K-1 stays with us, Overeem-Schilt HAS to happen in 2011. :deal

That and/or a Hari rubbermatch would make for a great year to go along with whatever Alistair achieves in MMA. His 2010 was good but it wasn't quite the display of dual-sport dominance he could have had.

7. Rob_Floyd

Rob_Floyd Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 2, 2010
    Apparently Hesdy Gerges got arrested as a suspect in trafficking 128 kilos of cocaine. Bad news.

8. yaca you

yaca you Someone past surprise Full Member

Jun 1, 2010

well I dont know what the laws are in Holland but 128 kilos = ****ed in the US! That would be the end of his career.

Good fighter, hope its just a mix up but thats unlikely.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The Dutch will probably just sentence him to 20 hours of community service. :!:

Seriously, though...that is bad.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "Because of major financial problems at the Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG), the Japanese organizer of K-1 events, all of the contestants at the K1-GP in Tokyo are still awaiting their money. The FEG are in debt with the likes of reining world champion Alistair Overeem, Semmy Schilt and Peter Aerts. All three fought last December. In previous years the payments by the FEG took quite a while, but in order to survive the FEG has no other choice but to change course and make a cut in its costs.

Via their managers the fighters have been told that the FEG is working on a reorganization, which is necessary in order to prevent bankruptcy. To avoid getting into larger debts - rumors having the debt runs as high as several millions US dollars - the FEG won't be holding any events this year. The earliest events are expected in july 2012."

:-(

11. Will Cooling

Will Cooling Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Well that ****ing sucks. I miss K-1.

12. greathamza

greathamza Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2011
    K1 was the **** and now it is prolly over

13. Ai-edy2007

Ai-edy2007 STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER Full Member

Apr 9, 2011
    yea loved k1 but BADR HARI would knock every heavyweight in k1 or its showtime out waar BADR HARI!!! COME AT ME!!! STEP MAAR IN DE RING!

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So, it seems the K-1 brand is trudging on under new management after being sold from FEG to real estate firm and combat sport newcomers Barbizon.

They are holding a MAX tournament on September 25th, but it isn't being billed as the World MAX tournament (so it won't sully the lineage of Kraus/Masato/Buakaw/Souwer/Petrosyan all 2x each except for Kraus).

Instead it's a "70 kilogram Japan tournament" - and indeed all the participants are Japanese...except - Kraus? :blood

This content is protected

Did nobody mention to him that winning this isn't going to get him in the two-time club with all his peers? :lol:

Anyway, he should be the favorite to win it as the guys who are a clear level above him (Sato, Petrosyan) aren't involved. There are some decent talents - Yamamoto for instance put up a good fight against Sato in their rematch last year; Kenta is the Krush -70kg champion; Morita is undefeated with a high KO% - but this should be Albert's for the taking.

It remains to be seen if Barbizon plans a continuation of the partnership with HDNet in the United States.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ****, nobody cares? :lol:

Mods, move this to the Lounge please. There might actually be some interested parties there and besides, K1 isn't MMA any more than boxing is.

I don't want to have to come digging through a forum dedicated to a sport I don't follow anymore anyhow. :good