The official Mayweather vs. Pacquiao aftermath trash receptacle

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Code Red

Code Red Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    The PPV sold itself, he didn't need to go all out to promote it, Floyd himself said hardly anything leading up to the fight. But Freddie Roach on the other hand would not stop talking about all the damage and hurt Pac would put on Floyd. His trainer has made Pac to look like a fool

2. jim jim

jim jim Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 2, 2014
  3. AngryFan

AngryFan Member Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Lied about the shoulder - dear me, he had his excuses lined up lol

4. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I think this is the first time that Manny has been down big on the scorecards. He's lost close decisions, bogus decisions, and by ko. However, he's never been outclassed. That's exactly what happened to him last night and he didn't take it too well. He looked very discouraged during and after the fight.

5. Mr_Harry

Mr_Harry Guest

You can sing no excuses till the cows come home but that doesn't change Pac had only real use of one hand

6. Code Red

Aug 20, 2013
    Or Bible Study

7. antonio plaisir

antonio plaisir the detonator Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
  8. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    First off, there doesn't seem to be any proof of this. Second, that would be his fault. Once you step into the ring, you're saying that you're healthy enough to fight. No way in the world would you be singing the same tune if the roles were reversed.

9. walk with me

walk with me Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    what a moron. So happy this fraudulent merry band of sore loser idiots have been ejected from boxing relevance.

:good:rofl:lol::patsch:happy

10. Code Red

Aug 20, 2013
    He had his head down during the post fight conference, think it's there that reality started kicking in. I'm sure his check will have him smiling in little to no time though. He'll still be a hero in the Philippines cause above all else they need that money he bringing to the island. 80 million is worth a parade.

11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    And why did SRL "abandon his hard earned skills to go toe to toe" with Duran for the first fight?? He learned the hard way that it would be easier to be more defensive, but it wasn't nearly as exciting as that first fight. That first fight was a classic!! The 2nd fight was boring in comparison.

The title of this thread is "Blame Pacquiao for the snoozefest!". I'm not saying it would have been smart for Floyd to go toe to toe. Obviously that makes no sense for Floyd when he can easily win by running. Duhh, but obviously NOT going toe to toe, i.e. "running away" is more of a snoozefest thing to do then is it not??

I don't disagree with that, but you can't deny that over the course of his career, by and large, Manny was known as a far more crowd pleasing, exciting boxer than Mayweather. That's why it's so silly to say "blame Pacquiao for the snoozefrest".

The biggest cheers in the fight, the best moments in the first were in that 4th round when Manny started landing combos and rocking Mayweather. That was exciting. It became boring when Mayweather got scared of engaging and started running. It's not an exaggeration. It might have been smart by Floyd, but it also made the fight a snoozefest.

Ok, I can agree that in some ways they both contributed to the snoozefest, but just as you say "it wouldn't be smart for Floyd to go toe to toe" it ALSO "wouldn't have been smart for Manny to be reckless".

That said, clearly Floyd is known for having boring fights. Manny is known for having exciting fights. Manny pressed the action and landed combos. Floyd landed one punch at a time and ran away. One style is exciting and crowd pleasing (Manny) and the other is boring (Floyd).

And it's not as if you can't be defensive and exciting. Ali was VERY exctiting, even when fighting defensive. (Liston I was incredibly exciting and Clay was just back pedalling and throwing a jab and an occasional right)

Again styles make fights, and you need a dance partner to have an exciting fight. Two defensive fighters are boring. Two aggressive brawlers going at it are usually exciting. To make the argument that Pacquiao is the one who made this fight boring is flat out insane!

12. Mr_Harry

Mr_Harry Guest

what will you say once the medical records become available?

This was the biggest in history no way Pac could of postponed the pressure he must of felt to fight on would of been insane.

He also wouldn't admit to it to the lead up to the fight

13. AngryFan

AngryFan Member Full Member

May 2, 2015
    :happy:good

14. pasky2000

pasky2000 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Be a good sport.

You're better than that.

15. Code Red

Aug 20, 2013
    the sport is called boxing, I'm glad the best fighter in the sport is actually good at it....boxing