The official Mayweather vs. Pacquiao aftermath trash receptacle

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 20, 2013.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah I mean I doubt TMT would even consider postponing the fight because in recent years Floyd specifically only fights early May and in Sept. Arum knew how hard it was to get this fight and once the fight was made it was clear pulling out was not an option.

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    that is a ridiculous statement even by your standards

think about the fighter you follow and then look at your statement :patsch

3. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Your 458 posts of comedy gold reanthefox must be fuelled by some awesome smoke.:rasta

4. Collie

Collie Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I had knee trouble a while ago. I could walk and jog fine but when it came to running hard or pushing myself, I couldn't. And then it'd be painful for days after. I imagine its something similar here, there are different levels of severity, and like many injuries it mightn't really have an effect until it is pushed.

5. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    It's not something you can really see. He might have been trying real hard to hide it. He was still physically in great shape and I don't think he was in agonizing pain. If it was a tear, then it's going to play on him mentally and psychologically he's going to worry about it going into a fight and during a fight. It's going to affect his confidence level, his punch repertoire, what he's trying to set up, etc.

Pac-man also is a volume crowd pleasing fighter. It's one thing if his style was just to outbox. In that case it might not have been a big deal, but when he is known as a KO puncher an aggressive fighter it's going to affect him that much more than an outboxer who just outboxes and jabs his way to victory. Make sense?

6. rainmaker

rainmaker Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2009
    At no point before, or during the fight did Pacman look in discomfort or pain, or have limited range of motion though. He did a hell of a job concealing it perhaps, but why make an issue of it If he went into the fight with an injury, then that's his fault. No point crying about it now.

7. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    If only that were true. That's what we all hoped and prayed would happen with this fight. That this fight would be the be-all-end-all of Pac - Floyd debates. That this fight would leave no doubt as to who is better.

And it is clear and you gotta admit that is NOT what happened lmao.

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    i know

im :oops:

9. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah that's not gunna help Pac's shoulder lol. Seems like Floyd knew exactly where the injury was don't ya think...

But how? Pac filled out the form saying no injury. Does Floyd have ESP??? Can he read minds??

10. reanthefox

reanthefox Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2015
    im glad this fight happened.

finally confirmed: tbe ran from the midget.

11. Collie

Collie Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I agree that he made his bed and should no lie on it to an extent, but it doesn't mean the injury didn't effect him (and interupted his camp in the build up). I'm just saying that an injury could render you 70% fit, its not a case of either his arm was hanging off or he is perfectly healthy.

12. jim jim

jim jim Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 2, 2014
    its a lot of money to give up on, im sure both camps are aware that injuries are possible. I doubt anyone wanted to give up on that.
    we lost out on our money we were scammed if pacqauios is telling the truth and hes a crier if hes lying

13. PugilisticPower

PugilisticPower The Blonde Batman Full Member

May 4, 2008
    The point of showing that image is really, if he truly had a torn rotator cuff, having someone land a flush right hand on it would do a little more to you than that, don't you think? Where was the complete wince? The crippling pain? He took the shot as if his shoulder was absolutely fine, and continued to throw punches with that arm afterward too.

And to be honest, if you look at that punch, it lands on the chin first, then to the shoulder. So, nice conspiracy theory.

14. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Fixed...:rofl