The official Mayweather vs. Pacquiao aftermath trash receptacle

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Regardless of what happened in that fight, it was clear as day to me that Mayweather was not only the faster man in that ring, he also had the MUCH better footwork.

I thought Pacman's supposed superiority against FLoyd was supposed to be how quick he is with his legwork compared to a 38 year old fighter whose legs have been shot for years if you listern to Freddie ROach.

It was pretty evident from the opening bell who had the fresher legs and better footwork overall. After that, it was a game of chess between 2 tentative chess pieces that both looked like they were scared to initiate and make the first mistake in the fight.

Props to FLoyd, I've never seen any fighter have their way with Manny like that in a very, very long time. I think it's just more of a testament to how great FLoyd Mayweather is, even at this advanced stage in his career.

2. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Bingo:good

3. Akxtinguish

Akxtinguish Belt holder Full Member

Dec 6, 2007
    This explains why certain American communities still struggle to raise their children.

4. markq

markq Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    #48 dad's ate his dog and #48 had to live in the streets ? Just Americans?

5. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    If he retires undefeated and the #1 fighter to generate as much money as he did and healthy(in a physically and mentally fatal sport) then what is there to regret?.

6. dsr

dsr Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Pac is a smooth operator we all know this

Floyd got some nice shots too but overall a fight with less action because of his shoulder injury. Mayweather tried to step up his game in a round and be the aggressor but he got countered badly so fast it made me giggle so he had to give that up and rely on just trying to counter Pac because his offense had nothing on Manny

7. blackbolt396

Feb 13, 2012
    He has not been in his prime for years and still beat Cotto,Pac and Canelo.118-110 Forever.:hammertime

8. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    NO, not at all. He took on pretty much everyone there was to face between 130-154. That's 5 weight classes, it's pretty dam impressive.

I won't hold it against him for never fighting Casamayor or Frietas, because they both seemingly wanted nothing to do with Mayweather when he was calling them out for years between 130 and 135.

I also don't mind him not fighting a slow plodding cheat like Margarito since he doesn't even deserve to share a ring with such a great boxer like FLoyd.

The only 2 fighters I would've loved to seen him face were Paul WIlliams and Martinez, both guys I'd favor FLoyd to beat. I've seen Paul get outboxed on 3 different occasions by guys who aren't as savvy as FLoyd is, and as far as the Sergio fight, who knows. That could've been one of Floyd's toughest challenges, although I think he might just be a little too slick for Maravilla.

9. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Wasn't Mayweather having trouble with his hands during that time and in that Castillo fight. Also people love to forget the second fight where Mayweather won by a wide decision.

10. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I wondered the same thing. :lol:

11. markq

Apr 26, 2010
    :rofl:rofl Pac gets rocked in the last gif. Looks like his knees buckle a bit.

BTW, show the other 70 punches he landed. How many did he have 81? :deal

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He won because the fight was in the US, ie. his home country where he has fought every single one of his 48 fights. lol

48 fights 48 American referees too.

Do you think he would've got the decision had they fought in Mexico?

Bye bye undefeated record had that been in Mexico.

13. markq

Apr 26, 2010
    Floyd just telling the truth. He had an injury. He was a real warrior and fought through the pain. He WON. What's the problem?

#48 was a coward worried about his health

14. blackbolt396

Feb 13, 2012
    Sounds like your a old school fight fan,when you try too tell some of the younger fans the fighters that ducked Money they have no clue.The Prince,The Cuban,The Puncher,The Russian,Mosley and golden boy didn't want **** to do with Money back in the day.

15. blackbolt396

Feb 13, 2012
    48-0:deal