The official Mayweather vs. Pacquiao aftermath trash receptacle

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 20, 2013.

1. smooveonthe88

smooveonthe88 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 26, 2008
    OH, HELL NAW!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. abuffy

abuffy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2015
    I respect your opinion. I can tell you're not trolling. I think Mayweather is the ultimate marketer. He's so great at drawing in fans that I feel combining him and Pacquiao together, even when their first fight stunk, Mayweather could really come up with a great way to promote. He always does and does it well. I actually think what he'll do is become very, very brash and trash-talky. Both sides will play the shoulder injury, but Floyd being over-the-top and rude will do it.

I'm sure he can sell the heck out of it. He can sell anything. I think a rematch could do 2.8 mill buys, maybe more depending on how well Floyd sells it.

On why I would want to see a rematch? Simply, I think it'd be a better fight. Plus, I'll go! It'll be in the new MGM Arena. It has 5,000 more seats and considering this is a rematch, I think it'll be more accessible to fans price wise, so I could see them! I'm already saving up to go. Lol

3. Chango

Chango Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
  4. smooveonthe88

smooveonthe88 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 26, 2008
    :deal:deal:deal:deal:deal

5. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    you're right after the one sided dominance of Floyd, it probably will be more accessible to fans since the amount of people paying 100k+ to watch the fight would decrease dramatically.

6. abuffy

Jan 10, 2015

Okay? Thank you for sharing. They are still rematching, sorry. Guess you can watch it happen again

7. PugilisticPower

PugilisticPower The Blonde Batman Full Member

May 4, 2008
    See the reality is even though Mayweather says "I'm in it only for the money" - he doesn't like boring fights either, he took to heart the commentary after the Baldomir fight and since then, he's stood toe to toe in a hell of a lot more contests, allowed his opponents to get in on him and defend them and take a lot more punishment than he ever needed to.

He won't fight Pacquaio again, because it's not a solid fight. He beats Pacquaio any time, any place, any where. He could wake up at 4am, roll out of bed into a boxing ring and beat Pacquaio. Pacquaio has the wrong style, the wrong mentality and an inability these days to be reckless without fear. He's lost that due to the Marquez KO.

The rematch will never happen.

A: More money for Mayweather to be made fighting Khan (in my view)
    B: Boring fight, nothing to prove
    C: Because the amount of excuses and bull**** that flowed post this fight in terms of people trying to discredit the win makes it pointless to go back there again.

I guarantee your fat little gnome ass of that.

8. abuffy

Jan 10, 2015
    And depending on how well it's marketed will say how much the prices will drop. It'll still be expensive, but hopefully not a complete celebrity fest.

Considering it'll be more accessible to fans, a much more in-depth promotion, Floyd will have to be his trash-talky self, 11 week training camp instead of 6 weeks, cheaper PPV, healthy fighters... that alone will make it better.

9. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Nah, Mayweahter won't make more fighting Khan, but all of your other points are correct. And I went to see him fighting more challenging fights, Pac is too easy.

10. The_Ikon

The_Ikon Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Were you saying that May 1... nope! Stop crying please.... move on.

So Juan is Manny's master... that's kool too, because JMM got robbed in their third fight anyway. But he put yo idol in a coma in the fourth. And Mayweather just pulled the plug on Pac Mania.... it's dead good riddance.

11. Ahurath

Ahurath Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    All I read was that Pacman was schooled and exposed of not being as good as people thought he would be when facing a boxing savant. Long live the king and he stands alone!

12. abuffy

Jan 10, 2015
    I thought you didn't understand Pacquiao. Turns out you don't understand Mayweather either.

Low risk, high reward. Always. Working smarter, not harder.

13. PugilisticPower

PugilisticPower The Blonde Batman Full Member

May 4, 2008
    Mayweather will make more fighting Khan. He'll get a 70/30 split, plus UK Proceeds. Khan generally sells around 1.5 - 2.5m in the UK whenever he was on PPV.

People underestimate how much money there is in the UK scene especially for their home grown fighters. Look at the money Calzaghe, Hatton, Froch all made in their career despite fighting predominately in the UK scene.

Mayweather vs Khan at Wembley - that would be a spectacle, 80,000 would likely attend with a half decent undercard and the fight can be hyped much better due to Amir's style.

14. The_Ikon

The_Ikon Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Yep that's exactly what it said... Manny lost.

15. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Uh what? Khan sells 1.5-2.5m on UK PPV? Do you have the stats to back this up. I find it hard to believe. How much is UK PPV too?