The other side of Canelo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Oct 20, 2021.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    He admitted he was "schooled"? You just made that up. Of course he's developed tremendously since then but it was a very close and competitive fight. Even a very limited, weight drained Canelo still took Floyd into deep waters and gave him a very close fight on the cards. Floyd had to dig down deep to pull out that win. Canelo was two rounds away on Moretti's card from getting a split draw, so that's a very close result and a much closer result than Floyd's previous opponents. I know a lot of people say he was schooled by Floyd but there's a tendency to exaggerate how good Floyd is and that's not something I do. When Canelo fought Floyd, it was clear to me that Canelo was a special fighter and had a bright future in the sport, but on that night just wasn't quite ready to shock the world and dethrone Floyd.

Keep in mind my friend that the same people that say Floyd schooled Canelo are the same people that gave him no chance to beat GGG, and never thought that Canelo would go on to be P4P #1 and become the star that he has. I on the other hand wasn't surprised he beat GGG because I know how good he was already. So if anyone has credibility on seeing how great he was back then it's me. So keep that in mind. The scoring of Canelo vs Floyd comes down to how you score close rounds. Outside of round 7, which was Floyd's best round, most rounds were close and if you scored most rounds to Floyd, it was mainly because of Floyd's jab. We see a common theme when it comes to Canelo biggest fights, you have people who argue he lost to Lara, Trout, and GGG and many say he really lost to Mayweather wide despite the scorecards. My view of these matches is similar to how the judges scored them. You're entitled to your opinion but there's nothing wrong with agreeing with how the judges had it, and how close the judges saw Mayweather vs Canelo. I get where you and other people are coming from saying Mayweather won wide, we just have a difference of opinion on how some of these matches should be scored.

2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I was bored so I read this load of BS LOL This clown is like a silly 13 yr old girl swooning over Justin Beiber ROFL. He refuses to accept that Canelo is nothing without the blatant corruption that has carried him through. He followed Floyd's blue print & sold his soul to the devil in Vegas. They protected him from ever losing a decision from then on just like Floyd. Every unbiased fight fan knows this, but, the sad part it they've come to accept the corruption & STILL buy the fights. I refuse to give one penny to fuel corruption in the sport Ive loved & been part of all my life
    is he had

Mugen38 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Ego is outrageous

4. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    CJ, Canelo is nothing like Mayweather. Mayweather was all about the $$ and couldn't give a crap about the fans. Canelo fights for the people, to entertain the fans. How can you not respect that? Every time Canelo fights you get your money's worth, Canelo produces sensational KOs and legendary performances while making history, he doesn't produce stinkers like Mayweather Pacquiao which was a total rip off. I feel bad for you because you are missing out on what Canelo Alvarez continues to accomplish in the sport. It's sad to hear you aruging that his success is all the result of corruption, you've completely missed the plot and you're a sad, sad man to be such a negative nancy as it relates to the greatest fighter of our era, Saul Canelo Alvarez. The Golovkin conquerer, the Billy Joe Saunders eye socket breaker. You can't be a true boxing fan and not appreciate Canelo Alvarez. His fights are must see for any boxing aficionado. And he came from nothing CJ, he came into the sport as a poor teenager in Mexico looking for a way out of poverty. Canelo is a modern day success story that any common man can appreciate and gain inspiration from.

5. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    So I have an ego for pointing out that I saw how great Canelo was back when he fought Mayweather, before he truly became an all-time great? You know, for someone who's often told how I don't know how to score matches, that agreeing with the judges who had Mayweather Canelo as close as it was, is so out there, I have every reason to point out that my view of that match is consistent with the heights that Canelo went on to achieve. The fact is that I've been proven to be on the right side of history. I saw Canelo's greatness before a lot of other fans did, his haters never thought he was anything special, but I saw the greatness even back when he was still developing because I have an eye for talent. You wanna call that egotistical, go ahead but you compare that to people like CJ who are still in denial about how good he is, claiming his rise to the top is all a result of corruption. What about the ego in that Wiz, to deny Canelo his rightful place at the top of the sport because of own's own conspiracy theories about corruption that have no basis in reality? That's egotistical, to believe that, to think that CJ knows better than you or any other fan, to say that fans see the corruption but still buy the fights lmao. This is a nonsensical mindset rooted in ego to make such wild claims about fans in general. I'm not like that, I have an obligation to set the record straight after how often I'm attacked for my scoring and view of matches which are usually on par with the judges. When it comes to boxing, unlike CJ and others who are hostile to the sport by constantly alleging corruption, I support boxing 100%. Being outraged over decisons and having a conspiracy mindset does not help the sport. It harms the sport and I will never be on the side of detracting from the sport and trying to make fans turn away from the sport. Boxing needs fans who bring the sport to new heights, not fans who constantly complain about cry about results when they don't go the way you predicted.

6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Manny Pacquaio & my good buddy Tony were poor 15 yr old teenagers fighting to feed their families too. Difference is they didn't do a deal with the devil in Vegas. They had to FIGHT !! for everything they achieved. They were both robbed by the corruption that protected both Floyd & Canelo too as everyone knows along the way. You just don't have a clue do you

7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    NOTHING ELSE!! has harmed the sport, Ive spent the majority of my life in, like the corruption we see blatantly dealt out today. Nothing is done about it. Judges like Adelaide Byrd , whos ludicrous score card read 118-110 for Canelo in GGG/Canelo I When asked if he was going to investigate her Bob Bennett said " Adelaide is one of my best judges she just had a bad night" !!!! Same Bob Bennett said
    " Mr Mayweather did nothing wrong we will not be investigating" when Floyd was caught receiving Illegal Excessive saline drip treatment in his own home 24 hours before the May/ Pac fiasco. Are you REALLY this dumb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mugen38 likes this.
  8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    So Canelo did a deal with a devil? When did this "deal" happen? What proof do you have that such a deal ever took place? If you're going to make such a claim it has to be backed up with evidence.

9. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    What control did Canelo have over Adalaide Byrd's card? How do you hold a fighter liable for how a judge scores his fight? Fighters fight, judges judge. Are you meaning to tell me that Canelo had something to do with Adalaide Byrd's card?

CJ when Sugar Ray Leonard fought Marvin Hagler, one judge scored it for SRL 118-110, the exact same score that Adalaide Byrd scored for Canelo against GGG. But I don't see you saying Sugar Ray Leonard was the beneficiary of corruption or signed a deal with the devil. Where is this anger against Canelo coming from? And if there is corruption in Vegas, what did Canelo have to do with that? I didn't agree with Byrd's scorecard, but you can't hold a fighter responsible for how a judge scores his fights.

Floyd lives in Vegas. Canelo does not live in Vegas. Canelo is from Mexico and trains in San Diego. I do think that what happened when Canelo fought Floyd had a bad influence on Canelo, and I also think DLH was a bad influence on Canelo. But Canelo ditched DLH and learned from listening to DLH in the past or doing things like Mayweather did, but he doesn't handle business like that now because he learned that people like DLH or Maywather are bad influences.

Keep this in mind CJ : When Mayweather got caught with the IV he was not punished for that. When Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol, he got punished man. If Vegas was really protecting Canelo as you claim, don't you think they would have swept that whole drug test under the rug? Other fighters in California tested for higher levels of clen and didn't even get suspended. Canelo got the book thrown at him for trace amounts of clen while in Mexico. Where was the protection from Vegas there CJ? The fact is he got suspended for that when he shouldn't have. Mayweather on the other hand got away with using an IV.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Cool

I still think your very egotistical