The reason De La Hoya wants to fight Hatton...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sizzle, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Sizzle

Sizzle Active Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    It's a big money fight with very little risk - De La Hoya needs a victory to bounce back from the Mayweather defeat.

Cotto is a very tough fight for him, Hatton on the other hand is smaller, crude, and has built a reputation on having stopped two great fighters well past their sell-by date.

It'll be a kind of De La Hoya - Mayorga all over again, hope it goes through.

2. K0NPHL1C7

K0NPHL1C7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Easy win for Oscar, and I hope it happens.

3. Leif Erikson

Leif Erikson Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 3, 2004
    DLH would have to slim down too far and would not be truly effective at such a weight - He'd also know the medium term marketing boon signing Hatton to Golden Boy would prove, and as a result we'd see Hatton emerge victorious in the latter rounds.

This wouldn't be a 'personal' fight like Mayorga or Mayweather.

4. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    I guess being top 3 p4p makes you well past your sell by date.

5. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    the size difference is to great.

odlh has been a light middleweight for a long time now.

hatton has had 1 fight at welter and struggled and is a natural light welter.

if mikkel kessler 2 weights up from oscar was calling him, then people would critisize kessler.

6. FlatNose

FlatNose Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I wish retired fighters would stay retired and leave guys like Mayweather, Hatton, Mosely, and Margarito to fight one another , instead of the retro fantasy that promoters are selling us, and the top guys are all too willing to exploit.