The renaissance of Japanese professional boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigBone, Dec 6, 2010.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    On the rising sun horizon:

• Hiroaki Teshigawara vs. Yuki Iriguchi tomorrow for the OPBF super bantamweight title
    • Akihiro Kondo (former Japanese lightweight champ) vs. unbeaten Apinun Khongsong aka Downua Ruawaiking in a 140lb contest next Monday
    • Shinobu Charlie Hosokawa vs. Yuki Nonaka on 2/24 for the OPBF middleweight title
    • Kazuto Takesako vs. Shuji Kato on March 2nd for the Japanese national middleweight title
    • Kosei Tanaka vs. Ryoichi Taguchi on March 16th for the WBO flyweight title
    • Valentine Hosokawa vs. Koki Inoue on April 6th for the Japanese light welterweight title
    • Taiki Minamoto vs. Reyia Abe on May 1st for the Japanese featherweight title
    • Nobuyuki Shindo vs. Hironobu Matsunaga in the Minamoto vs. Abe co-main event for the Japanese light middleweight title.

DynamicMoves and Rock0052 like this.
  2. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    This content is protected

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007

4. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    ... Might be that Tanaka vs Taguchi is free to watch internationally ;)

CST80 and Chuck Norris like this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    You made this post a month before Takuma's pro debut...how were you already familiar with his in-ring style (what I presume you were referring to)? :thinking: :lol:

Was he in WSB or something, or did you just happen to closely follow his amateur career? (don't recall him being much of an international to-do, not an Olympian nor AIBA champ or anything, or even putting in cameos on those stages)

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Also how wild is it that the OP of this board's largest ever Japanese boxing appreciation thread would be banned almost exactly a decade later for using (and then arguing and doubling down on the usage of after multiple mods chided him for it) a pejorative slur ...towards Japanese people? :lol:

7. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    That post was made 8 years ago, how tf should I know?

CST80 likes this.
  8. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Fantastic double header set for Friday on Boxing Raise (meaning videos WILL NOT be uploaded to YouTube by the Asianboxing team, but may be made available via their monthly newsletter)

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    What?!?! You can't instantly recall the framing context for each of your nearly tenth of a million posts?? Lay off the Laphroaig, man!

10. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Saka Vs Watanabe tomorrow...with that in mind enjoy Watanabe's 2014 bout with Jae Sung Lee

11. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    And whilst were looking forward to Kuga Vs Furuhashi here's Kuga's 2019 title winning effort Vs Ryoichi Tamura

12. takahiro-onaga

takahiro-onaga Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Takuya left a blood donation in Korea that day.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    A very merry month of May ahead:

• Kazuto Takesako vs. Riku Kunimoto, 5/1 - Japanese middleweight title.
    • Ryōta Toyoshima vs. Yuki Beppu, 5/6 - OPBF and WBO Asia Pacific welterweight titles.
    • Satoshi Shimizu vs. Musashi Mori, 5/13 - OPBF and WBO Asia Pacific featherweight titles.
    • Jin Sasaki vs. Kaiki Yuba, 5/23 - Japanese Youth super lightweight title.
    • Ginjiro Shigeoka vs. Toshiki Kawamitsu, 5/23 - WBO Asia Pacific 105lb title.

All early alarm-worthy. :deal:

The G-Man likes this.
  14. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
  15. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Glad to see Chadshiro Teraji back in action finally.