the scotch boys post your opinions

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Ex Army Jim 39, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    theres got josh taylor recently a horrible wee fella but give him credit hes done well ok hes lost a couple of times but hes still done well as he beat a couple of good boxers in my opinion then theres scott harrison a very turbulent wee fella alot of folk like him theres ricky burns hes won several belts he was trained by billy nelson another is alex arthur he won a belt dont know if he won it out of ring theres a heavyweiht called campbell former rugby player of some description he got beat by steven robisnon theres jay macfarlane another scottish heavy he looks like a pop star like the fella who struggled at glastonbury to finish of his songs further back theres ken buchanan probably forgetting some recently there was gary cornish he was a tall fella the highlander lets hear your opinons what a rich history for a tiny country

TED 822 likes this.
  2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    John Simpson was one of my all time greats. Loved him. Willy limond was another great Scottish fighter. AAA never fulfilled his true potential imo, remember when he was getting trained by Roach, all by telephone. He seemed to think that he was going to end up the greatest Scottish fighter rather than working damned hard to get there.
    Tbh Burns is my favourite.

Accurate, kevinreid001, ALN93 and 2 others like this.
  3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Great shout, he got the rough end, there was something very honest about him, that old cliche but it really fits.

kevinreid001, Jacko, DJN16 and 3 others like this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Jay Mcfarlane man, he has two losses to Dave Howe and, inside the ring, there's no hard luck stories, I've followed his career and he's just come up short. Outside of the ring it's a mad story, he's the kind of guy I'd want to nonce bash Dominic Noonan.

5. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    The McGuigan’s did a great job with my mate Taylor and matched him perfectly but he could have done with Hearn or Warren promoting his whole career. He bounced around from channel to channel and never really had anyone promoting him. He built his profile on performances alone. When he finally signed a tv deal it was followed by his 2 worst performances so now everyone who’s barely seen him before thinks he’s crap.

6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Scotland isn't even a real place is it?

Ex Army Jim 39 likes this.
  7. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    So you mention Gary Cornish, Jay Macfarlane and Nick Campbell..

But not the great Benny Lynch:lol::lol: or Jim Watt, Paul Weir, Alex Arthur

Decy, DJN16, ryanm8655 and 1 other person like this.
  8. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Plus what's the obsession with writing 'fella' all the time:lol:

This content is protected

9. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Alex Arthur ended up in an awkward situation being handed a belt outside the ring then losing it in his first defence to Nicky Cook. His weight making stories were pretty brutal

10. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    John Simpson was class, really didn't enjoy seeing Tommy Coyle feasting on his remains considering what a prime Simpson would have done to him

kevinreid001 likes this.
  11. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    i mentioned alex artuhur mate not the other ones these names just pop into my head im a couch boxing fan no an expert jim watt fantastic boxer brilliant commentator bud

TED 822 likes this.
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton When you have to shoot, shoot!, don't talk...... Full Member

Dec 24, 2022
    It is, but there's no such thing as a Scotch boy ( or person) In that sense.

;) @ jimbo.

It's a Scotsman.

13. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Scott Harrison seems to be have forgotten here.

fenoc1, moog, Accurate and 1 other person like this.
  14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Ricky Burns takes on Willie Limond on September 1st, Limond last fought in May 2005 at 168, Burns hasn't fought in 18 months

15. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Scotch eggs, homemade ones found behind the bar of some local pubs, are the absolute DON. Not to be confused with the mass produced packaged garbage found in supermarkets and petrol stations. Homemade or nothing.

Scotch tape, like sellotape but not as sticky am I right? Use case over sellotape; unclear.

Scotch bonnet chilli peppers; hot.

Scotch, whiskey. Used to be my weak spot when I was an alcohol consumer. Will probably never imbibe again in this lifetime. Mixed emotions. No regrets.

JOSEY WALES likes this.