The simple reason AJ CANNOT beat Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Armhiit, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
  2. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    He no doubt will within the next 48-72 hrs when he considers the 'heat' to have died down...... Fury fans, and I like him, are becoming the new Beoncey Wilder fans, in a word, ****ing annoying....

Little brian likes this.
  3. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm just a 'massive' fan....

4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Although I like the mix of Fury, Joshua, Wilder and now Usyk, the disparity between the top and the next "tier" is considerable. What's even worse is the disparity between 5-15 (or thereabouts) and the rest. I think heavyweight boxing must be one of the few sports in the world where just about any unskilled lump who enjoys a tear up could probably pass as a legitimate, high-level professional.

The Golden Era stuff (which Hatman Strikes Back keeps pushing) has been driven with the help of the shortcomings of the preceding era. Wladimir Klitschko, now absolutely worshipped on this forum, cemented his legendary status (after suffering 3 KO losses to mediocre opponents) by beating up some of the most **** poor "contenders" (if you can even call them that) you could ever imagine. Anything is going to look exciting next to that, it's not a hard sell.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Same mate. Like fury and have been to watch him fight. Then ive got geeks like jurgen suggesting im a hater just because im objective and dont think the sun shines out of furys arse.

Plantpots mate.

Tankatron likes this.
  6. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    I kinda get where you're coming from but, I tend to think the Michael Watsons, Gman Mclellans, Nick Blackwells, Spencer Olivers, Rod Douglas's, Patrick Days and the other 500 odd who've died in the ring and 1000's who've suffered career ending injury might disagree with you.....Boxing is a dangerous, brutal sport and you're only ever one punch away from it all going horribly wrong..... Boxers are a breed apart and all have my utmost respect including the silly BS' ers like Deontay Wilder for example.

Oneirokritis and jimmyonebomb like this.
  7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Can we not have a Henry Akinwande finest moments thread instead!!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    100%.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Its a great idea

But has its flaws

Mods who work hard on here ,would shirley (Leslie Neilson FTW) not have the time to do this?

And it will kill the stem and flow of good content here whilst they play catch up

Swings and round a bouts i guess

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’d happily do it myself or we could nominate amongst the British board our own specific moderator(s).

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Only for new posters with mod approval for first few topics. Or 100 posts before they’re allowed to start a thread at all. Quite common on lots of forums and helps filter out trolls basically.

12. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is a fantastic forum and it is sadly being ruined by Trolls.

I moderate on another forum (football) and we quickly get rid, for good, any obvious trolls who add nothing.

Some WUMs we keep as they can be funny but there is a line in the sand and too many on here take the p***.

I 100% agree with the idea of 100 posts before being allowed to submit an OP. In fact, I would stipulate that it is 200 posts.

They would soon bore off.

13. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I think I must be quite naive but I do find myself in some disbelief as to the apparent level of blind hate held by some people - seemingly enough to waste lots of time setting up alts, posting total drivel and (apparently) getting angry at any contrary opinion.
    Havent they got something better to do? Also how did they get so worked up about a complete stranger?!
    It does make it increasingly difficult to read the things that are worth reading - which is why I visit (and tend to lurk)
    Its a shame because there are some decent posters on here from people who (apparently) mix in the same gyms and walk the same walk
    It would be good if the mods could find some way of weeding out alts and imposing a no new thread limit as suggested above - though thanks for the job they do already - it cant be easy

DJN16, Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Whats the football forum? Ive never found a decent footie forum.

15. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    There are some really good club specific ones. WACCOE for Leeds, Owlstalk for Sheffield Weds and OTIB for Bristol City are all excellent. The Bristol City one potentially the best club forum I’ve visited in terms of how it’s run and how busy it is.

I think this forum could benefit from stricter moderation for new joiners. For some reason boxing debate seems to bring out the worst in some people. I think because it’s such a polarising sport that has a fairly unique ‘cult of personality’/glamour that people get caught up in. People get incredibly emotionally invested in fighters.