the SMITHS

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Jun 17, 2017.

1. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Spot On

2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Do you think there is a british trainer that will be better for Callum.
    Bearing in mind that Joe is the most accomplished british trainer ever.

3. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    I'd feel better if he was with Booth, McCracken or Ingle to be honest. Shouldn't have to be British though.

I see how Gallagher's style has worked wonders for less talented boxers than Callum. I just think that style is restrictive for someone who has top level skills or ability. Gallagher could train the skills out of Lomachenko and turn him into a plodding come forward fighter.

Sugar 88 and im sparticus like this.
  4. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Looking at Gallagher's bulging waistline, he appears to have been hitting the Tesco Value range.

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes in fantasy land it would be good to see how Callum turned out if hed of gone with the ones youve mentioned, although im not do sure about ingle.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think Callum's gonna be a very successful fighter at Super middle, Light heavy and eventually cruiser in my opinion. I don't think he's the most skilful fighter I've seen, his style isn't always easy on the eye and he's probably guilty of coasting rounds, letting fighters move in the pocket where he'll untidily let them take shots on his gloves and arms...but then he can finish a fight in seconds with devastating power and speed to the head and body.

7. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    quigg looked even worse in his last fight with roach as trainer.