The Spence jr vs Garcia prediction thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, Mar 7, 2019.

Spence jr or Garcia?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2019.
  1. Spence jr

69.9%
  2. Garcia

30.1%
  1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    This content is protected

2. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I'm starting to side more with Mikey here. Spence hasn't quite convinced me yet. Look at how drained Porter was on Saturday, and then look at his performance. Compare that to a drained Kell Brook. Kell was just as bad at 147 as Porter was on Saturday. And Kell outboxed Spence until the eye injury. If Spence is struggling with a dead at the weight version of Brook then how does he fare against an equally good boxer with better movement who isn't dead at the weight?

Nothing amazes me when I look at Spence. He's got good body shots, but he's going to struggle to land body shots against Mikey. That won't come into play in this fight. Other than that, what makes you go 'wow'? He's got average movement, a decent chin and he sticks to the basics.

Spence keeps a solid stance, but it's at the expense of movement. And that's a huge issue against Mikey. Spence will come forward slowly as he always does, trying to get Mikey on the ropes. But Mikey ain't falling for that nonsense. Where is Spence's head movement? What indicates that Spence won't just be jabbed constantly?

We saw that when Spence is given time, he lands his stuff and lands well. But against Brook, there were glimpses where Brook didn't give him that time and threw combinations. It forced Spence to reset and rethink. Mikey loves his combinations. I expect Mikey to open his attacks with jabs to the head and then follow up with shots, particularly the uppercut. Spence looks really prone to the uppercut given the slow stance. The Brook fight showed Spence doesn't enjoy trading and only flourishes when things are going his way.

I'm expecting Mikey to edge this on points. He'll have some shaky moments if Spence gets him on the ropes. But he's bulked up for those specific situations. I've never been convinced by Spence and I feel like I'm going to be proven right here.

SpeedKills, sparta, Jackomano and 8 others like this.
  3. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I have to side with Spence purely on size. This is a big ask for Mikey.

Greg Price likes this.
  4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Spence stops him in the later half of the fight.

Garcia will use his superior footwork and box early, will likely have some success as Spence's defence isn't all that great, but the size difference will tell in the end and he'll break down Garcia and stop him around the 8th.

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I've been thinking long and hard and I have no emotional investment in either fighter, so my head is completely clear. I just can't shake my nagging doubts, and from seeing a sequence of events that keeps playing out in my head, and I keep coming to the same conclusion.

Mikey wins by TKO.

6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    :eek:

7. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017

8. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Lipinets ate a million power shots from Mikey and was never in danger of getting stopped. I can't see Spence being less sturdy than Lipinets.

northpaw and Greg Price like this.
  9. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Spence: TKO 9

Mikey will look decent early but will ultimately be ground into dust by Spence. Spence is a relentless killer.........he really truly wants to stop people. Mikey doesn't have the power or speed to hold him off for even 5 rounds let alone 12. He doesn't hold a significant hand or foot speed advantage, he's smaller, shorter, gonna be bulkier and likely slower. He's gonna get pummeled

10. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    What? Why is that so shocking? :lol:

11. Ecks

Ecks Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Spence 6th round too stoppage. He will be able to hurt Mikey early and often.

12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Other than the round in which he was violently dropped with a left hook. Which is precisely why I'm picking Mikey to stop Spence. Also Lipinets could be packing next level titanium in his chin he just looks like a hardman, we know Easter has a solid chin, and he was also disconnected from his senses with a left hook. And let's be honest, Spence has been rocked twice, once by Lartey and once by Brook, his chin isn't rock solid.

Mikey controls range very very well, its basically borderline impossible to his him clean with a power shot unless you just throw your hands up in the air and go all out, and thus far the only one brave enough or stupid enough to attempt that approach was Lipinets. The only punch his opponents usually have success with is the jab, Easter landed it with a degree of success, now take into consideration, Easter is an orthodox fighter, 5 foot 11, and has a 76 inch reach, with a solid jab. He had success for about two rounds with i, then Mikey took it away and dominated the remainder of the fight.

Spence will try to work behind his jab, Mikey will neutralize it, he'll go for body shots, but Mikey's control of range is so impeccable, he won't be able to land any, but eventually Spence will get so frustrated and desperate, he'll go all out and start leaning and lunging in.which he has a tendency to do, and that will lead him to eat several vicious flush left hooks to the temple and uppercuts, one of which will hurt him, and when that happens, Mikey will pounce on him and finish him off.

13. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017

CST80 likes this.
  14. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    by stoppage? im mikeys biggest cheerleader on this board and even ive exercised more restraint, lol. i think a split decision draw, is the most likely outcome, and i may just place a real bet on that, theres huge value in that long shot payout.

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :nusenuse: Its just how my mind computes it. I laid out why above.