The tale of TKO6: Lewis vs Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by escudo, Dec 22, 2017.

1. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

I remember him looking all depressed knowing he wasn't gonna protect those cuts and his cut man in a panic then springing to life when it was rightfully taken out of their hands.

I remember VK kicking up at Lewis when on his arse - maybe the second half could have been kickboxing and VK staged a miracle? :D

2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'm not complaining the stoppage. I would have liked another round but nobody could blame the doc for stopping it.

However, Vitali was full of fight and clearly wanted to continue. That's the point.

3. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    This content is protected

34:35 = fight is stopped.
    Vits starts protesting at 35:20.

Vitali is staring at ground and then gets up only just becoming aware of the stoppage, so for you to claim he was protestnig before the stoppage is bullshyt of the highest order.

Zero protest from vitali unti he knew he was 100% safe from getting beaten up.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    mcvey likes this.
  4. PIRA

Mar 30, 2007
    I agree except on full of fight - both men were tired and rightfully so.

That eyebrow cut was horrible, the cheek was looking like a machete wound and the one coming up on the lip!

http://static.boxrec.com/4/48/Klitschko_After_Lewis.jpg

Yo Adriannnn!!!

mcvey and dinovelvet like this.
  5. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Tis just a flesh wound!

PIRA likes this.
  6. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    He didn't think they'd stop it. The moment he realised that they wanted to, he protested.

7. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    u trying to "pretend" it wasnt stopped already? why bother pretending that when there were acres of people milling around in the ring, how was it not already stopped, u bullshyt king?

u think vitali had a time machine so he could travel back before 34:35 to protest the stoppage he was unaware of, before it happened?

so if you now admit he didnt protest before the stoppage, that fine, I give u free pass for backing down from your failed "he was protesting before the stoppage".

dont bother reply, just write "u fail", it would sum u up here quite nicely.

8. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Say what!?!
    Surely you jest?

mcvey likes this.
  9. PIRA

Mar 30, 2007

I have worked a fair few cuts as you expect in the MT game and those are some really bad ones ibut also in bad places for a fighter like VK.

I give him huge credit for still being in there - I remember seeing the first footage of work on the eyebrow cut and the cutman pushed the wrong way at one point and it showed a deep cut with a flap. I don't blame the cutman - he has to work to strict rules on what he can and cannot apply and they were a nightmare.

juppity and mcvey like this.
  10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    tko6 Lewis- the fattest , slowest and worst version of Lewis that ever stepped into the ring. On his best day Vitali Klitschko was no better than Tony Tucker or Buster Mathis.
    If Marciano was Vitali he would have lost to Joe Louis.. LOL

11. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    tucker would handle vitali.

however Buster is a bit below the belt.

12. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    No, he didn't make a murmur till the fight was over ,watch the footage.

Please don't say he didn't know ,the ring was full of people!

13. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Lewis chickened out if the rematch cause his mommy told him not to fight. The iron chinned and strong Vitali was the stylistic kryptonite for Lewis and probably many HWs in history.

The fact Lewis retired is enough evidence of what would have happened in a rematch.

14. HerolGee

Sep 22, 2010
    tko6 yeh all u need

15. UFC2015

UFC2015 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Every time Bruno got hit in the face in a fight he lost, he just lost it, his mind just would not work. That Lewis fight was the perfect example, dominated each and every second until Lewis got that lucky left hook and the fight ended right there and then for Bruno. I can excuse it happening in one fight but it happened in all his defeats. He did not have a good chin at all.