The Top 100 Pound for Pound All-Time Greats

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Feb 15, 2013.

1. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I hate rapists as well and politically I am of the school they should be castrated or killed, but alas that is for another forum as I have no desire to get booted from this forum. It does not however impact my ranking of him in his field anymore than it would of a movie/TV star or NFL player etc. I do think a championship heart is a big factor, and Tyson never did come back to win in that scenerio. But in his defense (and I am not a Tyson fan and sometimes called a detractor...but I think you might beat me there lol), he was good enough for the most part not to have to. And unlike a Liston for example it was only after absorbing considerable punishment that he was stopped even when well removed from his prime.

2. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Only Marciano fans and haters take things that seriously lol

3. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    You have to separate in the ring and outside the ring it's as simple as that … plenty of boxers, athletes of all sports are evil outside the ring and in life, Monzon, Valero, etc.... list goes on and on

4. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I have to mention, PhillyPan, that your posts are making it easy to be here. Great to have other "old" people to talk to about the greats :)

When it comes to boxing, I actually love being old. My dad and I watched Norton-Holmes the day it happened, Leonard-Hearns I, Gomez-Sanchez, Arguello-Prior (both), Hagler, and so many amazing fights of that time. It's awesome for younger people to check out these fights today, but nothing beats having been alive when it was all happening imo.

5. Jack Catterall

Jack Catterall New Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Floyd deserves to be top 25. He beat everyone from his era easily (some a little late). He is a 5 weight world champion and has beaten the likes of De la Hoya, Corrales, Gatti, Judah, Castillo, Mosley, Cotto, Márquez, Baldmir, pacquiao and Hatton. Archie Moore is certified top 10 as he is certainly top 3 light heavyweights of all time and was the only man to face Rocky and Ali, knocking down Rocky.

6. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    Patterson was a great fighter imo. I'd make him top 20 heavyweights, sure.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  7. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    Mayweather is easily top 15 PFP material imo. That said, I find it real difficult to imagine him beating Duran at his peak. The Duran who beat Leonard...Duran was in terms of savage determination nearly the equal of Tyson during that one fight, and I believe in the first Leonard fight he was one of the two or three best ever in that division.

I do think a bout with Floyd pitted against the supernaturally-cool Sanchez would have been incredible! Gomez would have been bumming.

8. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    This is a great thread to alert me to posters I need to put on ignore.

9. RulesMakeItInteresting

Mar 23, 2019
    Gee, I had that effect on all three of my wives. You have something there.

10. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    You got a link for me please?

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  11. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Sphillips likes this.
  12. walker smith

walker smith New Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I believe Ray arcel said Dempsey was the best he ever saw

13. walker smith

walker smith New Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2018

14. Longcountlarry

Longcountlarry New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    It's crazy how little love Jack Johnson gets on this forum, you got at least 3 people he beat on this list, (one being the number one guy.) yet no sign of the big man himself.
    Funny how the black dude who kept his mouth shut, everybody loves, but the brash black dude everybody hates, but everybody loves obnoxious white dudes like duran.
    Unpopular opinion but thats my take.

Made an account just to say this.

15. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Duran is white to you?

Idiot.