The top three heavyweight today, a historical perspective

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by janitor, May 20, 2019.

1. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I suspect that Joshua is going to win the longevity game, and that might be the decisive factor.

Wilder is obviously going to burn out relatively young.

Fury doesn't have the temperament or work ethic to remain consistent over a long period.

That probably leaves Joshua as the last man standing, having edged the resume argument by taking slightly more ambitious opposition.

renuk39 and BitPlayerVesti like this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    So kind of like how he's seen now

3. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Pretty much

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I disagree.

Joshua has spent so much time building himself up as this perfect model athlete and he has so many adoring fans. If He's smart he'll look to guys like sugar ray leanard who was open and honest about things he was struggling with.

Joshua doesnt seem lole the type who can easily bounce back after being humiliated. That is, assuming he ever loses. I could be wrong tho, he showed heart getting off the floor against Wladmir and havibg a bloody nose against povetkin. Its his need to control the narrative and media that worries me. He's kinda like lebron James in some ways.

5. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Fury has no title defenses and wants no part of Joshua. He constantly cherry picks and has Klitschko and Wilder on his resume so the cherry picking is nullified but the overall career is going to be hollow.

Wilder has already taking an L an most know it. Everyone who can score fights also know he has the judge's in his pocket though you don't see it bc he gets knockouts. He's as big a liar as Fury and he has 7 title defenses as far as I'm concerned .

Joshua has unified the division in his 19th fight. Has tried to become undisputed but with 2 guys like the mentioned above time will have to be a bit more.
    A
    After Ruiz , a Pulev and Usyk would still make his resume clear above the rest and no one in HW history has taking on better opposition in such short defenses .

Joshua will also have Hrgovic, DDD, Sirenko, Ajagba , and Conto as future opponents, it's not even a question who will be recognized as a history figure.

Of course they won't get it right away bc that's what boxing fans do. lol

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    GBoxingFeed likes this.
  6. GBoxingFeed

GBoxingFeed Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2013
    The thing about the modern heavyweight era is that the drama is back. K2 are both ATG’s, but the drama was lacking due to their infinite superiority - as everyone knows.

This era is certainly dramatic, and I believe the top 3 could hang with most of the past champs. I genuinely do. May not BEAT them, but could hang.

Joshua - unquestionably the best resume. Exceptionally deep for such a young age, and few fights. Dares to be great and should be commended for that and his work ethic too.

Fury - has the highest potential ceiling and most natural boxing brain. Wonderful to watch when focused. Beat Wilder handily as a rusty fighter on the comeback trail.

Wilder - one dimensional but improving on the fundamentals all the time. NEVER bet agains this man, because when he lands the KO, everyone forgets what went before. A total Wild Card in every way. Always finds a way to get it done.

There’s nothing to dislike about this current situation, other than they ain’t fighting each other! I don’t understand how fans can love one and hate the other - Joshua, great role model, hard worker, and respectful disciple of the sport. Fury, incredible comeback story, true fighting man, and savant in the ring with heart for days. Wilder, colourful and brash, a guaranteed fun fight every time out, and always manages to pull a rabbit out of the hat when the chips are down.

If they were all fighting each other, with some hot prospects on the way up, we would be fools to be complaining as fans.

Hate the corruption of the game - the fighters are bringing the excitement and drama from their ends!