The tragedy of Deontay Wilder

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Mar 19, 2019.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Its crazy money and i dont know what is going on BUT Boxing accountants never learn do they?

You all mocked him for not taking 12m and said he wouldn't get a better deal anywhere. He should do this, flat fee, 10% is better than anything and blah blah blah.

Now he is getting offers of 40m a fight!

Did he make a mistake this time? I have no idea to be honest but it's time to shut all this talk down as we know **** all.

We are all hypocrites. Joshua can turn down 50m as he doesn't want to give away control and hides behind a network but Wilder can't do the same?

Southpawswitch likes this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Here is a simple question.

How many meetings did team AJ have with team Wilder to discuss the terms of this supposed £50 mil offer?

Mr Icaman likes this.
  3. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I honestly can't answer that as the story has changed so many times.

I'm not getting into the 50m debate. My point still stands. Boxing accountants are ****ing clueless as am I!

4. Makuza

Makuza New Member Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Joshua would've been sued, Wilder free agent.

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    To be fair plenty of people thought he deserved a split, I never thought he should of agreed the flat fee, so wasn't that critical when he pulled out because I get they thought he could make more, what I was critical of was how his team delayed proceedings, then made up BS excuses. Plus his continual demand of 50/50 is just a way to price himself out and duck the fight, as long as he's doing that it's a duck.

Joshua has seemingly agreed to now fight him on US soil first despite not wanting that originally, has gone from the flat fee offer to a 60/40 split to now a $100-120 mill offer for 3 or 4 fights. Yet where is Wilder's movement or compromise, he's been demanding 50/50 since the start, he now seems to only want to fight on Showtime as they want it to be PPV. Wilder is the one who's refusing to negotiate with Hearn, the one being intransigent, the one not making offers. Wilder said it himself Joshua is begging for the fight while Wilder does almost nothing to bring us closer unification other than talk nonsense.

How many offers has Hearn or DAZN made now, half a dozen or more, yet the only offer from Wilder was that $50 mill deal which was sent from Wilder via email, which originally had a 24hr take it or leave it clause, which Finkel refused to meet to discuss and refused to send a contract for. Lets not forget Finkel too also had a meeting with DAZN before and just didn't bother showing up. One side is proactively chasing the fight and one side is proactively avoiding it.

Mr Icaman, Mitch87, Jackstraw and 2 others like this.
  6. LeeD1982

LeeD1982 Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Wilder is nowhere near the commercial draw of Joshua.

Boxing venues in the US have all the charged atmosphere of a funeral service.

The UK is where boxing is at. Wilder has not crossed over to the casual audience, and benefitted hugely from Fury giving him some exposure.

(this is not a criticism of his abilities; just an acknowledgement of commercial reality)

7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    The answer is zero. That £50 mil offer was about as genuine as me sending an email to Eddie Hearn claiming I'm the Prince of the UAE and will pay £50 mil but you must agree right now. No discussions no contract just say yes.

8. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Sued by who exactly?

9. nurological

May 25, 2012
    How do you know how many genuine offers Hearn has made? Seriously? This is exactly my point. We know **** all! Time to put all this talk to bed and hope the fight happens. What on earth do you know about DAZNs recent offer to Wilder other than a couple of tweets? Nothing!

Its all smoke and mirrors this bull**** boxing politics. Us fans know **** all about this side of things yet people shoot others down with so much certainty! Hell i have done the same! We seriously know nothing about it.

10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Wilder is the Most Famous Boxer in the World.

Joshua is WAY DOWN the list. http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26113613/espn-world-fame-100-2019

You can keep saying Wilder isn't this or isn't that.

But the truth is he is the most FAMOUS BOXER IN THE WORLD.

11. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    MVC not getting on this thread yet? Hmmm

12. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    It's easy to know when one side says an offer as been made and the other confirms it, what's so hard about that?

For example when Hearn made the flat fee offer and Wilder asked for the contract to be sent, Finkel said he had a couple of points to discuss then it's pretty obvious even for a moron an offer was made.

Or when perhaps Hearn made an offer and then another and then upped it to 60/40 offer and Wilder said he wasn't interested and only wanted Fury, again both sides confirm it existed.

Or perhaps when Finkel actually shows up for a meeting and confirms afterwards that an offer was made.

13. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    You can't answer that because meetings were denied by Finkel deemed counter productive . There was NONE.

If one can't figure out who's ducking based on that action alone which was April 2018, one really needs to ask themselves do they know how business works in making a fight happen if such money involved.

That doesn't take being an accountant, that takes common sense ! :eek:

Brighton bomber likes this.
  14. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    You're asking for common sense from Wilder fans, I think your being a little optimistic.

Mr Icaman and GALVATRON like this.
  15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Wilder has said and done some extremely stupid things. But I think his heart is in the right place. Hes just an idiot.