The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Dec 13, 2012.

1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Let's see what his next fight is.

2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    And he's Swedish, so that probably means he moved to within the polar circle.

lufcrazy and cuchulain like this.
  3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I see Wlad is not in the top 10... just curious as the reasoning...

4. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Probably inactivity.

It's been more than a year.

kirk likes this.
  5. chitownfightfan

chitownfightfan VIP Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    "All members will be (a) able to recognize and willing to confront those in boxing abusing the sport and confusing the public,"

So.....Crawfish is recognised at LWW even though he never beat Garcia, while Alvarez is also recognized at MW even though he's never once made a sucessful fight at the weight vs any top contender.

So....b/c Cotto beat Martinez, who lost to Murray who beat Sturm but was later banged out by GGG, and Yeller managed to pay Cotto enough for a fight, but Cotto dropped the title a week before, but the WBC abused their power, and allowed Yeller to fight for their title, which was already rightfully GGG<Murray<Martinez......

I dont get it.

If yall are gonna claim to be SMART enough to confront the abusers and the confusers, but STILL offer up this UTTER ISH.......

Your'e worse than the IBO.

6. chitownfightfan

May 31, 2010
    But Yeller somehow hasnt ever defended the MW title against a MW and is still there.

7. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't understand any of this.

8. cuchulain

Jan 6, 2007
    My response was to Luf in regard to why TNBR had dropped Wlad from the rankings.

I believe they have a rule that says you need to fight at least once in a 12 month period.

In the case of Wlad, IMO, they should have waived the rule as he had a fight scheduled that would have qualified, and it wasn't his fault that Tyson had a bit of a meltdown and withdrew. At any rate, he has a fight scheduled shortly with Joshua and if he wins it, I'm sure they'll have him back at #1.

Regarding GGG, IMO,the championship should be declared vacant on account of a lack of adequate defences over the period, and the #1 and #2 should fight to establish a new lineage.

Coincidentally, GGG and Jacobs are 1 and 2.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  9. chitownfightfan

May 31, 2010
    I agree.

And FTR.... when #1 GGG fought #2 Lemiuex, the new lineage should have started as well.

10. cuchulain

Jan 6, 2007

11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I agree but more due to consecutive fights outside the division with no plans to campaign at MW.

12. cuchulain

Jan 6, 2007
    This.

When he fights JCC jnr on May 5, he will have one day left to till it will be a year since the Khan fight, and that was contested at 155.

Moreover, the TNBR has no 'mandatories,' but if they did, in this case, it would probably be GGG.

Canelo came by his 'championship' status by way of picking up the WBC belt from Cotto (again at 155).

Since he conceded that belt rather than defend against his WBC mandatory, even though the two aren't the same thing, he was refusing to defend his 'champion' status and a case could have been made for a 'stripping' at that point.

If they wait till May 7 to declare the championship vacant, the 1 v 2 fight will already have taken place seven weeks earlier.

Will it still count ?

13. MyName

MyName Simon Adebisi Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Canelo didn't acquire his champion status by winning the WBC belt.He did it by beating champion Cotto.

TBR don't recognize those straps nor should they.

14. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    They've tried getting a statement off him but I think he keeps stringing everyone along keeping his options open.

15. cuchulain

Jan 6, 2007
    I made that point in my post.

What I was saying was that, even though the WBC belt and the TNBR championship were two different things, it was the same fight that garnered both for Canelo.

And since he refused his mandatory and gave up the WBC belt rather than face the best in the division, and since TNBR do not have mandatories, some kind of case might be made for no longer recognizing him as champion at the weight.

Otherwise, he could continue to defend forever while avoiding the best.

On May 7, it will be a moot point. He will have gone a year without making a defence of the 160 lb belt.