The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Dec 13, 2012.

1. FrancescoD

FrancescoD Active Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Sadly declining into poor ratings. Lipinets as the second best defies all logic I can#t believe 40 people can come to that conclusion...some divisions are now dire. The posts on feedback are now filtered you can only post what Toledo wants...completely against what they say they are.

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Who would you have had at 1 and 2?

3. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Do you know any better ratings?

4. FrancescoD

Mar 24, 2014

5. FrancescoD

Mar 24, 2014
    Postol, Flanagan, Broner, Progais, Relikh, Indongo, Taylor definetely all ahead of Lipinets for me.

Lipinets just held a trinket, he never beat anyone of note. Trinkets should mean nothing but in this instant swayed the TNBR to post him at 2 there is absolutely nothing to objectively place him so high. He is not even top 10 the highest ranked fighter he had beaten was independently ranked 41. www.premierboxingorganisation.com/junior-welterweight-140 are better rankings (updated to March 3rd). All rankings have 'sillies' but these are done on merit not opinion.

140 is a very weak division at the moment but with TNBR NO Indongo in the top 10, yet the bloke he beat 15 months ago is there that is yet another glaring mistake, most divisions are now littered with them.

6. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Nah those rankings are shite. I'll stick with TBRB.

7. FrancescoD

Mar 24, 2014
    they are the very best. they show the true positions on what has happened, what they can't show is someone who is subjectively good but is yet to fight anyone any good. If you think TNBR are better you really dont know what you are looking at its a mixed pie now of some divisions good but some are haywire and getting worse. Lipinets should not have been #2.

8. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I think your biased in favour of these rankings, do you have any affiliation with them?

9. FrancescoD

Mar 24, 2014
    Yes they are the ones I have produced since 1991, they are linear based on the man that beat the man, so if you see a difference between a highly rated boxer on trans-nat that is low on these ratings it is because they have not yet beaten a quality opponent. The problem increases when the boxer with the 'wrong' rating gets beaten so another boxer is 'wrongly rated'. It is easy to get fooled with 17-0 records, it needs a great deal of experience to understand if the 17-0 fighter is any good or not, some can do it by watching. TNBR have a lot of misplaced fighters. #200 Tabithi & Berjanu are a bit too high, LLerana has done much more. #175 is pretty good #168 Benavidez is too high based on merit but he does look decent. Mock at 10 is ridiculous #154 Galimore at 5 is crazy, he has beaten one opponent in the top 100 (ranked 20) already been beaten...it has that sort of thing going on in many division. Unless it gets corrected they will be haywire, a lot more people can see it now but they were very good until 6-12 months ago. 40 people sorting out a top 10 should be better than a computer (and it was) but a computer is better than 40 people for sorting 11-100 and that is the fuel of a top 10 rating understanding the quality of win. It is not all about numbers of course, fighters age, have injurys, change weights with different outcomes but you should not be in a world top 10 without beating anyone top 40 and Lipinets was, he was at 2 (unchanged after his loss). There is nothing other than being a trinket holder that subjectively you could elevate him so highly the win that caused his rise in the top 10 was to a non top 50 fighter. We might get fighters a few places out but not 50 places. We have 'sillies' too, Jeff Horn at 1 is clearly wrong subjectively but he did beat the premier at the time.

10. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    So you prefer the rankings you produce yourself. Well ain't that a shock.

11. El Genio

El Genio Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Barthelemy, Relikh, Indongo who had unified titles and only loss was to Crawford at the time, Orozco, Mikey at #1 was fine, Lipinets shouldn't have been at 2.

12. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't really care enough to produce my own rankings tbh, if they want him at number 2 I've no issue with that.

13. El Genio

El Genio Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 10, 2013
    That's cool, others may disagree though, this thread is for the official ESB Rankings after all.

In regards to FrancescoD's ratings, I'd like to know how they handle bad decisions or competitive fights. No ratings are perfect but you need to allow for what actually transpired in the ring.

14. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Aye plenty will have their own rankings etc. I just use these guys.

15. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    You have been asked this a couple of times, but here it is again:

Please don't promote your rankings in this thread.

Any other threads on the forum, fine, any other posts, whatever, fine, as far as I'm aware, but this thread is for the TBRB rankings.

This is the last time i'll ask.