The Transnational Boxing Rankings

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Stonehands89

Stonehands89 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 12, 2005
    1. We've just gone weekly: http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/15822-the-transnational-boxing-rankings-go-weekly

2. Two members just volunteered to be the website's record keepers. They will be in charge of scouring the records and will update them regularly.

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah weekly rankings are a top idea.

The more frequent the better really.

I just wish Igarashi would face viloria so we can clear up the flyweight picture!

3. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I have to say, Haye at #3 is the thing that has met with this most violent reaction from fans. Of course, it's the HW division, there are certain issues tied up with this Haye/Klitschko thing already touched upon in the thread but I was surprised. Frankly the HW division is so soft outside of the top 2 I think you can justify almost anything. Interesting though.

4. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I think haye is a consensus view as the next best hw after k2. He'd be 50/50 with vitali.

Not too controversial imo.

5. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    RANKINGS UPDATE - 18/12/2012

A raft of new enteries this week. At light-heavyweight Jean Pascal was re-introduced to the rankings at #4 after his decent showing in an over-the-weight bout against Aleksy Kuziemski. Pascal is immediatly in the title picture and a new King could be crowned early next year should he best Dawson. Denis Grachev makes way.

At Junior Welterweight Cesar Rene Cuenca is introduced at #10 as Lamont Peterson drops out after one year of inactivity. Similarly, Jorge Arca's retirement in the wake of his defeat by Champion Nonito Donaire makes room for Wilfredo Vazquez Junior at #10 at junior featherweight.

Busiest this week were the bantamweights, Stephane Jamoya's stoppage win over Lee Haskins sees him debut at #8 whilst Haskins exits. Julio Ceja debuts at #10, Agbeko having exited due to inactivity.

6. GabrielMontoya

GabrielMontoya Active Member Full Member

May 29, 2012
    When does the train arrive in NoOneCaresVille?

7. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    No, you're right, anytime. Loads of people don't care. Everyone involved knows they are contributing time and effort out of alignment with general interest. But nothing easy was ever worth doing. And I have to say that more people - owners of websites like this one and fans like orriray - are interested than I thought would be interested in our third month.

8. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Well most fans are interested. I didn't see it at first but the ring is basically another alpha belt now. Not partial and not trust worthy any more.

Unbiased rankings with no feasible gain other than consensus is clearly a great idea by any criteria.

9. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    That's almost witty. But I hear you. Some really don't care; some may even think it's a good thing to have 75 champions in a sport with 17 divisions and resent our attempt to interfere with the status quo.

Where do you stand regarding all these champions we have these days?

10. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I bought every issue for the past two year but this month I didn't.

It's just not worth it any more. No longer the bible of boxing.

trans are my new rankings that I'll be referring to from now on.

I wonder, is there any plans to archive your rankings on a monthly basis? Like boxrec did with the ring?

Makes it good for retrospective analysis.

11. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    See here:

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2012/the-transnational-boxing-rankings-go-weekly/

12. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    How is the board going to deal with adamek?

On paper he is coming off two excellent victories over chambers and Cunningham. But in reality he should have lost to both.

13. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    I had Cunningham up by a few points -he was controlling the fight and the win should have been his.

The Board has recourse to address bad decisions, though it is pretty strict. If 75% of the voting membership believes that a bout's official decision constitues a "robbery," then it can adjust the rankings accordingly. If it is not deemed a robbery, then the Board is bound not to elevate the official loser over the official winner.

"Robbery" for the Trans Rankings Board is a formal term, not just an opinion.

14. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Stoney, if I could have written down the words to the perfect answer to my question, that would be it.

can't ask for much more than that.

Incidentally I caved and purchased the latest rind mag, they reckon Floyd v Guerrero crowns a new lineage at 147.

15. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Agreed.