The Tremendous Travis Simms Express!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sues2nd, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I'll hold my hands up and say i thought Simms would kill Alcine & beat ANYONE from 47 to 54. He's still my favourite fighter along with Haye, but he let the teaam down badly last night. He can do a lot better than that, but unfortunately, he has relegated himself to dangerous journeyman. **** sake Travis.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    And to think people were saying he could beat PBF at 154.:lol: :rofl :lol:

3. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Again i hold my hands up, i geniunely thought he could:barf

4. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    And I concede also. I was wrong....

I am still in shock at that awful performance. That wasnt the same fighter that fought Garcia, McKart or Rivera. In those fights he was relentless. His lefts were crisp, sharp and powerful. He threw in combinations.

Last night, he was content to throw 1 shot at a time. He was holding everytime they got close. He looked slow. He looked disinterested.

I still feel he barely won with how he dominated rounds 1-7 (it was an ugly domination...but even Alcine fans gotta admit Alcine didnt do **** for those rounds or at least most of them either.). But even if he did win a stinker like that, it wouldve hurt him in the long run anyway.

Oh well.....what can ya do.

5. Azania

Azania Active Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Pipped me to it playa...Simms was "John Ruiz" last nite.I ain't seen a cat with so much skills fighting like that.The slap,grapple style was very painful to see.

Serves him well...the SOB got his hometown booing his ass off that ring.Hell,his corner was yelling at him to go for broke but nothing happened.What a *****.His wife's got more balls than this cocksucker.

6. audio101

audio101 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    I love how he came into the ring pissed off, looking ready to kill his opponent and then nothing happened....

7. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I also believed he had the style to beat Mayweather at 154

Everybody makes a bad prediction once and a while

8. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    As an Alcine fan, I've gotta take exception to your scoring, Sue. In a fight where neither fighter landed anything significant over the course of the early rounds, you'd have to give at least a few of the rounds to the fighter who was more active (i.e. throwing more than one punch at a time on occasion), and landing more. Simms landed the cleaner shots, but he just didn't land enough of them to earn anything more than a slight lead going into the 8th. And, after that, I think Alcine took over to earn the decision.

Ugly fight, though...and it sure as hell isn't going to help Alcine's chances of securing a big-name opponent either.

9. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Okay ****er, You've never made a bad prediction before?

I know a hell of a lot more about fighting than you ever will and I know a hell of a lot more about actually stepping into the ring to fight than you can ever dream of. It's fine though, nobody takes you seriously on this board.

10. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Have you followed this sport for the last 30 years? Have you had 40 amateur fights?

11. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    he's going for his pro debut soon...undefeated:good goes to a gym in hollywood i think his names charlie
    also has a few vids on the web great display of skils

12. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    anyways i was a alcine beliver simms didnt have the activity in his career to show anything special..real shame isnt he the U.S best amatuer boxer turned pro???? im british so im in now way of knowing

13. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    I've had my share of street fights when I was younger too - as far as the 22-2 record, good for you:good

I learned a lesson last night...as I said yesterday, there is a big difference between an old Bronco McKart, Jose Antonio Rivera and a prime Joachim Alcine.

Honestly though, you can't possibly say you haven't been on a bandwagon of a promising undefeated fighter that ended up dissappointing.

14. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    First, when neither fighter is very active, you cant really just say "give it to the guy throwing more". That doesnt make sense.

You score a fight on Defense, Ring Generalship, EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION & Clean punching....with the emphasis on clean punching. NOT, the emphasis on effective aggression, which over the first 6 or 7 rounds, neither fighter was. Remember it has to be effective, and you cant really call what Alcine did effective over the first 7. And on the aggression side, Simms was nonexistant.

BUT!

Simms easily had the better defense. Simms easily kept the fight at his pace and to his gameplan (think about it, Alcine didnt really land an effective jab or put out an effective body attack until round 8+). Simms also easily landed the cleaner punches.

Score it correctly and the first 7 rounds were Simms' (I had him 6-1 at that point).

I admit, I am/was a Simms fan. If you watch ANY of his other fights, they are NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU SAW LAST NIGHT! But I wasnt scoring it as one. I will admit he looked awful (as did Alcine). And I wouldve been okay with a close decision or a split decision for Alcine (Id disagree, I felt it was a close decision for Simms, but)....but those scorecards were an abomination.

THAT and that alone is my only beef with the fight. I never score a fight as a fan of a fighter (unlike some others here....AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE....:yep ). Last nights fight was a joke. No idea what that clone did with the real Travis Simms, but he sure ****ed his chance to ever do anything meaningful in this sport again.

15. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007
    That performance by Simms was terrible and unlike what i've seen from him previously. His defense was out the window as Alcine crowded him and there was too much tying up. He claims to have hurt his hand and that it affected him but he still didnt look like himself aside from that. He certainly ****ed up what worked for to this point. Sometimes, a loss can actually beget a larger opportunity as other's may view him as less of a risk. I hope that's the case here and he gets a shot with another name opponent/titlelist and that THIS performance was an aberration.