The Truth About Errol "The Truth" Spence — Dis Sleepy-Eyed Dude Is Hella One Dimensional (!!!)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Dude brings heat and intensity and pressure like a used car salesman, but the reality is that he needs to plant his feet to be effective. Brook and other dudes owned Errol in the middle ring. Movement kills dis dude. Bud will toy w/ him and possibly stop him. Thurman will do well until his glass body comes into play. Errol has been able to get away w/ it due to a combination of opponents and his enormous size advantage (biggest cat at welter).

2. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I think he beats Crawford, possibly KO's him. Spence may not be as slick or versatile but he is a methodical destroyer, tough, aggressive and tactically composed. I'd back him to overwhelm anyone at welter with his size and style. He also has a Golovkin-esque quiet self-belief about him, the guy knows exactly how much of a beast he is.

Algieri?

3. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    I doubt Spence and Crawford will fight. Spence will fight low risk/low reward fighters while he waits out Run Time. Meanwhile, Thurman will delay Spence until at least the autumn/winter of 2019. The thinking for this strategy will be to let Spence absorb additional ring wear and to have to endure a few more grueling camps where he boils down from 180 to 147 with the hope that by he time they meet, Spence will come in somewhat diminished, having left part of himself in the gym.

At that point, Spence moves to 154, win or lose. I don’t think Bud will want to follow him up.

4. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Another stupid ass thread by Zimorsky

Drinquor, Tettsuo and Pimp C like this.
  5. Ilikeboxing

Ilikeboxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Dosn't have an ounce of power Bud Crawford does.

6. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Definitely hyped up and overrated. His claim to fame is a hard fought win over a GGG leftover who’s eye socket was still healing up.

Kevin Willis and Jay1990 like this.
  7. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    This is the TOTDF (Thread of the Day... FACT!!!).

8. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Brook won 2 rounds tops, maybe 3.
    That's all that I gave him, weird definition of ownage....
    Spence destroys Thurman, just look at the **** Thurman says.
    If Lomachenko or Kovalev said what Keith said they would get slammed on boxing forums and labeled duckers.

Spence vs Crawford is 50-50.

Pimp C likes this.
  9. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Seriously? Algerie? Who couldnt crack an egg? Movement+enough power to keep him honest and its a wrap for Spence. Hes Trinidad 2.0 but lefty with less power. His chin is also questionable. I pick both a healthy Thurman and Crawford to beat him.

Ilikeboxing likes this.
  10. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    This content is protected

Kell was killin' dis dude in the middle of the ring... he only succumbed to the relentless pressure. Spence has to always plant to throw his power shots.

11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    If Errol is enormous, than what were Paul Williams, Vernon Forrest, Kermit Cintron, Mike Jones, Margarito, and Oscar De La Hoya?

I don't disagree though, from what I have seen, he does seem a bit more vanilla than what I was expecting.

12. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Crawford will expose and destroy Spence.

13. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Don't know about that, Spence is still improving as well, and is naturally bigger. Crawford may fold under pressure. This won't be a robotic Russian Frankenstein like Postol.

How is Spence Enormous? He's like 5'9. All the guys I mentioned were bigger than him.

14. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Algieri doesn't have an ounce of a lot of attributes Crawford does. I only brought him up as the op asserted all it takes to beat Spence is movement and Algieri could move if nothing else.

See above explanation for the Algieri mention. I can understand why most people are picking Crawford, who boasts a wider array of skills and is more accomplished. I just feel Spence is much too much of a muchness and will be able to grind down and impose himself on the smaller, less powerful Bud. I get the impression Thurman doesn't share your confidence in his chances but hopefully we get both fights in a timely manner and we'll find out what's what and who's who at 147.

Its possible I overrate Spence based on liking his style and personality as well as letting gym/sparring stories cloud my judgement. I did bet on him to beat Brook though. Did the Brook fight do nothing to convince you Spence could handle movement + power?

RingKing75 likes this.
  15. Elvizzz

Elvizzz Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 29, 2008
    LoL... Spence is the truth!! Stop with the lame Brook excuses... Spence went to Brooks livingroom and dominated.. The way he grinded Brook down was amazing!

Gil Gonzalez likes this.