**** the truth hurts****

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Football Coach, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Football Coach

Football Coach Member Full Member

May 12, 2011
    Hey fellas this has been on my mind all weekend! I think we all need to be honest with ourselves about the state of boxing! Boxing is probably at its lowest point ever in the history of the sport. It's sad to say but we are the only ones that follow the sport and even care what happens from fight to fight.

Boxing has a ton of problems that needs to be fixed. Boxing has lost the casual fan and most news/sports stations dont even someone to cover the sport for them! Boxing for one needs to get rid of the many different organizations Wba,Wbo,Ibf,Wbc and form one unified organization. People can not keep up with all the different champions in all the different weight classes.

This sport is dead and it took an even bigger blow this weekend. The Promoters are killing the sport and thats a fact. Fans do not get to see the fights they want to see because of them. Boxing has become a joke of a sport.

Boxing has no young up and coming stars to market to the public!

The fights that could make boxing a sport people talk about again do not get made.

Too Many different Champions makes it heard for people to keep up with.

There is no Superstar in boxing to keep the public interested.

The casual fan does not know the difference between Wlad and Vitali! They think wlad and Vitali are the same person

Before you say Pacquiao you have to look at all the **** fights he has been in the last 2 years and the fact that he doesnt speak English well enough to be a mouthpiece and leader of the sport.

Mayweather is the most recognizable boxer in the sport but is not active enough and his outside the ring problems and behavior turn people off. People(casual fan)will forget if he is even fighting or retired.

The sport is in bad shape and its time that someone does something about it!!!

2. BoxingDomain

BoxingDomain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2008
    See the picture above? US only, boxing could definitely be better. Worldwide it's fine.

3. Football Coach

May 12, 2011
  4. Football Coach

May 12, 2011

I disagree with you!!! It's not fine thats why people yearn for an American Heavy Weight Boxing Champion!!!

5. Kingkazim

Kingkazim Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 26, 2009
    This is said in every single era.

Even when Ali was King, people said that Joe Louis would destroy him.
    When Ali retired even he said that the sport will die without him, and then BOOM came SRL,Hagler,Hearns,Duran etc..

Right now its probably at its weakest in the US but almost every big fight is held there, and the atmosphere is usually always great.

Talent wise if you look at the top 5 we have Pac,FMJ,JMM,Martinez and Donaire, all of whom are great fighters and could compete solidly in any era.

So long as the big fights are made then there is no real problem, Haye Vs Klitschko was not a great fight but it was huge in terms of attracting the casual fans. ALL over the world. And if Pac vs Mayweather happens itl probably be even bigger.

6. Alcaldemb

Alcaldemb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    In the countries where bull fighting isn't illegal it is mainstream and popular.

7. prelude

prelude Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Boxing is dead. When Gayweather say that he's the face of boxing than you know that boxing is dead. How is a chicken like that going to say that he's the face of boxing. Gayweather said that he took boxing to another level...more like he took ducking to another level.

8. Hitman-Fan

Hitman-Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2009
    :good

Boxing is f*****d

9. Kingkazim

Aug 26, 2009
    If boxing is dead, why are you posting?

10. MrPook

MrPook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Keep repeating that and it will be true.

To get respect you first have to respect yourself. If the boxing fans, writers, and tv comentators keep whining boxing will never get the respect.

There have been many fights in the past that were not great but nobody talks about it anymore. Boxing has a great history with a lot of great fights. These great fights often were a once a decade or once a year thing. Same now.

11. Football Coach

May 12, 2011

Nobody knows those guys Jmm, Martinez and Donaire!!!!! We are the only ones who knows these guys and thats because we are die hard boxing fans.

12. Kingkazim

Aug 26, 2009
    And back in the 70s people probably only knew Ali, Foreman and Frazier. Duran wasnt even close to being in the same limelight, same with Monzon aswell.

But in my opinion it doesnt even matter. We support these fighters because we are die hard boxing fans, and thats how it will always be and things wont change. If we get to see great fights and great fighters then frankly, i dont give **** that my barber didnt watch the fight.

Big occasions will continue to happen in Boxing, yes they are few and far between. But in no way does that mean "boxing is dead"

13. Football Coach

May 12, 2011
    Say what you want and post irrelevant pictures of guys that are unknown the sport is in bad shape.

You can not market any of those guys you just posted.

The sport has no rivals anymore. What happen to the trilogies and rematches people couldnt wait to see?????

14. Kingkazim

Aug 26, 2009
    Good post. This basically sums up what I said. And yes, Judo has replaced Boxing on a national scale :patsch

15. Football Coach

May 12, 2011
    I agree with some of what you posted and i too do not care if my barber watch the fight but it would be great to go the barber shop and have a discussion about boxing like i do about other sports.