The ulimate middleweight matchup

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by redrooster, May 10, 2008.

1. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Roy Jones Jr of 1993 vs Prime El Torito Tony Ayala.

The greatest fighter to ever come out of the stable of Lou Duva and George Benton against the top fighter of the 90's. Prime Tony Ayala was absolutely fearless and indomitable. I'm convinced that had he not been sent off to prison it would have spelled trouble for top Jr Middles and middles alike. Would Tony have enough smoke to take out Roy, the best fighter of our generation? I do think Tony had what it takes to pull off the monumental upset.

2. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Isn't Tony that light middleweight guy? Point me to his greatest win so i can see what we are basing our challenge of a great like Jones on. Yes, what is his greatest win again?

3. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    You don't need a great win before stepping up to the big leagues. Ask George Foreman, ask Buster Douglas, Ask Larry Holmes, ask Terry Norris, ask Richard Sandoval, ask Leon Spinks.

4. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Obsessed with Boxing banned

Dec 26, 2007
    Whitaker is simply too small to beat Jones, be realistic here.

5. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    ................I believe we've determined long ago that THE middleweight matchup is Monzon-Hagler. Try a new thread, please. :bart

6. birddog

birddog Active Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    This is a joke right:rofl

The criminal Ayala, did he ever fight a top ranked fighter at 154-160. Before they took that scum off the street

7. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    No-one said you did, but again, what is his best win so we can have a little bo peep at the man. For those shocking the boxing world with their stepping up one can name 10 000 others who fell short.

So, his best performance was?

8. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    :lol:

:good

9. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Obsessed with Boxing banned

Dec 26, 2007
    Damn Rooster, just stop it already. You claim to be legitimate, but it's quite obvious you're trolling for a laugh. You're not fooling anyone anymore. Unless you're actually serious, in which case you should start up a friendship with Mike W of the Lounge.

10. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    John Thomas like so many others believe it is necessary to secure a name fighter before hitting prime time and then continues to try covering up for his mistake (poorly i might add). What John Thomas lacks in brains he makes up for with his stupidity.

11. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004

................You usually disguise your drunk posts well, but I think I caught ya this time. :smoke

12. redrooster

Jan 29, 2005
    He was Duva's best fighter wasnt he? Easily the most powerful. You're the type who would flush Mustafa Hamsho's chances with Benitez down the toilet had you known about before hand. Boxer can be hurt you know. Ever watch a Tony Ayala fight? Don't say yes if you haven't I'll know if you're lying.

13. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    John Thomas wants you to name his best fight ever so the forum can have a potential look at his talents. Is this so very difficult, or does the question put you in yet another embarrassing position?

14. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    He's great entertainment huh. The thing about Rooster is that he's probably in his late 30's at least, perhaps even early 40's, which obviously makes him look even more outrageous and stupid.

He keeps everyone on their toes and craves attention, and credit to the kid because he gets it.

15. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    What's the chances he is actually a raging nut hugging closet fan of Ray Leonard and only runs him down for the immense satisfaction of all the Ray defending tributes?

:smoke