The Vault - Eubank or Naz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bulldog24, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Bunce is adamant that Naz was doing it as a schoolboy and Eubank saw it and stole it

There's a non-boxing magazine interview from early 91 in which Eubank says his mentor Adonis Torres told him to do it before his amateur fights in New York

Naz has admitted Brendan used to tell him to say things that weren't true, including those regarding Eubank

I wander if we can get to the bottom of it?

Eubank first visited Wincobank in April '89 to spar with Herol Graham before the McCallum-Graham fight, he was put in digs with Ron Essett and other sparring partners. He met Naz on the first day, according to Fidel Castro O'Toole Naz and the rest were jaw-drop speechless seeing Eubank walking around like 'robocop'

There is video footage of Eubank vaulting in May '88 (a year before Eubank and Naz ever laid eyes on eachother?)
    This content is protected

There is video footage of Naz ringside for a Eubank fight in a leisure centre nr Liverpool with 15-20 others (and a dog) in Dec' 89, seeing Eubank vault the ropes with eyes wide open

I wander. I wander.

Gatekeeper and Holler like this.
  2. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    On a different forum you argued for days that this spar didn't happen in 1989. I never received an apology.
    Essett and Eubank were gob-smacked watching the young Naz train.

N17 likes this.
  3. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Excuse me?

Herol himself stated he sparred Eubanks before the Kaylor fight, probably still on YT. Herol had that wrong.

Yeah, not as gobsmacked as the whole gym when Eubank laid Graham out. Graham had never ever been touched in 12-15yrs in that ring, let alone dropped heavily in the first round.