The Warriors Code - Current British fighters who follow the code

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Feb 19, 2018.

1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Groves and Eubank have both proved this weekend they are not only boxers and sportsmen but also subscribers to 'The Warriors Code'.

Which other current active British fighters subscribe to the code?

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    David Deron Haye is a certified practitioner of the sacred Warrior's Code, battling on like a wounded gladiator on one leg against Bellew.

Amir Khan too, the nuts on him stepping into the ring with Canelo.

I'd say AJ too, exemplified the Warrior's Code in his battle with Klitschko.

Twentyman, S.K, Sphillips and 4 others like this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Martin Murray for me.

5. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm suspecting Saunders (and the Fury's) although he has yet to fully prove it. I would imagine any Gypsy boxer who quits would be in for some serious backlash. I'm also sticking in Martin Murray who can take a ridiculous amount of punishment and still keep coming.

Kell Brook should be in there for a valiant effort against GGG but has faced major criticism from TWC ambassador Eubank Senior and his son. Chisora too has been in some wars but his Fury stool quit was questionable (sensible from his perspective but not what the code stands for)

lepinthehood and CutThroatFade like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    That'll be why Usyk is one of my favourite boxers at the moment. I was supporting Wlad against AJ and will support Parker too.

RoughD, Twentyman and Plaza like this.
  7. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I'd rule Chisora out, too obsessed with money to be a proponent of the Warrior's Code, turned down £80k to box Joyce, has shown no interest in boxing Joshua - publicly said he didn't want that fight.

Another shout is Liam Smith. Loves to fight, took the rematch with Williams and won, exemplified the Code, although one could argue that the head butt in the first fight was deliberate and therefore goes against the spirit of the Warrior's Code.

pow likes this.
  8. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Martin Murray comes to mind first of all....only GGG has had an easy night with him.

Carl Thompson for yesteryear.

pow likes this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    EH Day's Kell Brook tweeted about the warrior's code and not quitting etc having a go at Eubanks Jnr but the silly cant never realised Eubank Jnr never quit and he actually quit himself both times against elite fighters.

Eubanks Jnr has a few shortcomings but I cannot question his heart and desire.

Blah likes this.
  10. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    Suicide mission against Alvarez was impressive, nobody was getting up from that liver shot.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    CutThroatFade likes this.
  11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Sorry but that's a load of rubbish. You don't partake in this kind of battle if you're not a warrior

This content is protected

By that logic, your hero Haye is a pansy, as he pulled out several times out of fighting Fury for 5 million.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  12. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    Question marks over his obvious dodge of GGG but redeemed himself by moving up in weight and entering the WBSS.

S.K likes this.
  13. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Come onnnn the white rhino fellas! The man got in with Ortiz after hardly training and badly overweight, stood up to his punches with half his tongue missing for 7 rounds

Amir Khan? No way! The man never gets up after going down, literally goes to sleep!!

Chisora is a warrior, will fight anyone, won't win but will fight anyone...

Both groves and eubank have it, you can argue that Connor benn showed it in his last fight, albeit against a low ranked opponent...

The ultimate British warriors though, benn, eubank snr, froch, hatton,

Chino95, S.K and pow like this.
  14. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I'm a fan of Chisora in the ring but unfortunately his misdemeanours rule him out too. Beat his gf, spat water at Vitali and kissed Baker at a weigh in. These indiscretions go against the spirit of the Warrior's Code.

Diggedag and S.K like this.
  15. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Every time I say or hear "the warrior code" I only hear it and read it in a eubank sr voice