The WBA is about to suspend Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller... for six months.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by minemax, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Adam Rogerson

Adam Rogerson New Member Full Member

May 13, 2017
    Err..... Tyson Fury got a lenient 2 year back dated ban for nadrolone and for refusing to test, in essence two different failures. Tyson's ban was more of a joke that Millers as Tyson didn't miss any time boxing as he was drinking, sniffing and all sorts during regardless. He only sought to fight again 2 years later and accepted the back dated back to organise his 1st fight, at least Miller lost Multiple millions and the ability to organise a fight till October.

2. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Are we supposed? No..

Roidnelo got a 6 month ban?

The precedent was set long time ago. Let's not ***** too much about it now.

3. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    A sixth-month ban sounds like a punishment and it would a kind of punishment for most sports, but this is professional boxing! They fight twice a year! Why don't they just say "you will serve a one fight ban"?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  4. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Why don't they backdate it six months? Then he can fight tomorrow.

Slowhand, BCS8 and lewis gassed like this.
  5. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I expect at least an eight month ban for that!

6. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Gilberto Mendoza was moved by Miller's apology on Instagram.
    It was very traumatic to get caught 3 times in 3 days so a title shot against Trevor Bryan in October is in line.

It's only fair.

kostya by ko and BCS8 like this.
  7. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Banned ... I thought they'd put him in with Charr (or Briggs) for the prestigious WBA HW ped-user belt.

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Sounds about right, he tested positive months before the fight, not right afterward. Was probably planning on cycling off as the fight drew near so he could pass the pre and post fight tests. Not quite as egregious. Most guys that aren't tested by VADA probably do the same damn thing, the only thing Big Baby is being punish for is stupidity..

9. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    The governing bodies need to GET A GRIP. This is disgraceful. They should be ashamed of themselves if this is true. THROW OUT THE POLITICS! The governing bodies must take a stand, no ifs no buts. Jarrell Miller tried to intentionally hurt Anthony Joshua. This is serious stuff. This is not a laughing matter.

I'm all for second chances. The governing bodies seem to have forgotten though. Miller already failed previous to these tests, a few years before. Just because it wasn't in boxing doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously. He's had his second chance. And look at the substances, it is disgusting. He's not failed once, not twice...but three times with three different substances. Not nasal spray either, but instead extremely serious substances. If this isn't outright cheating, then what the hell is? Two words: PERMANENT BAN.

10. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Sounds about right to be honest, the good ole US of A courtesy of the WBA ( again going easy on an American/ america based boxer ) and NYSAC once again leading the way in cleaning up the beautiful sport.

I'm afraid it's gonna take a Jarrel Milleresque, cheating mother Fukka either getting tested for Captain Americas Super Serum, or killing some poor guy in the ring before these LAUGHABLE organisations wake the **** up and start doing something about these cheating criminals, as what they are doing is an assault on their opponent. They may aswell be getting in the ring with loaded gloves or a baseball bat.

America really needs to start leading the way on this tackling of doping in the sport, after all it's where the major players are based and all the big money is generated. I think it's time that the governments of major boxing nations step in with legislation, mandating minimum fines and ban penalties that actually effect the career of those cheating. How is 6 months even considered a ban, it's more like a suspension and sends out totally the wrong message.

Robney likes this.
  11. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    That's not a suspension.. GRJ would see that as one training session!

12. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He'll be back in time for a 'grudge match' with AJ at the end of the year, Jarrell could take a few tips from Shannon Briggs on how to pressure AJ "LET'S GO CHAMP !!".

13. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Miller will probably get a shot at Joshua next year. All this will just make it a bigger fight.

14. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It's not really even a suspension. The WBA isn't a sanctioning body (none of the alphabets are), he is just prohibited from fighting for their title or rankings. Only commissions can sanction or suspend. The best thing would be for NYSAC to not allow him licensure to fight. If they did, the other commissions would follow suit. He'd then effectively be sanctioned.

Tankatron and nickpoppunk like this.
  15. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    A lot of people on here pretty much guessed that , so no surprise there .
    This content is protected