The weigh in before the greatest fight of 2013 (Dec 14th is the Anniversary)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Willie Maeket, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Get ready ladies and gents and gents who think they are ladies. The 5 year anniversary of Broner vs Maidana is tomorrow and we need to prepare for the fight that made Maidana a millionaire and the fight that exposed Adrien Broners weakness and strengths.

Here is the weight in and the Showtime All Access when Broner was on the cusp of PPV stardom and Maidana was sleeping in seedy motels in Oxnard eating ramen noodles in a cup.

This content is protected

GlassJoe, tinman, GK BOX and 4 others like this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Maidana went out like a complete badass. From embarrassing Broner in a one sided beatdown to giving Floyd one of the toughest fights of his career and arguably an L.

mirkofilipovic, Willie Maeket and iii like this.
  3. 941Jeremy

941Jeremy Active Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Broner was so full of confidence too. I don't understand how he got that so wrong, what an epic fail.

UnleashtheFURY and Willie Maeket like this.
  4. Jayme Chavez

Jayme Chavez Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2018
    People always say Broner hasn't been the same since that fight, but really he was never that good of a fighter to begin wiith. I never believed in the hype, especially when he arguably lost to Daniel Ponce De Leon.

5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Never gets old

You run into the wrong bull tonight, son

Never, and I repeat never **** off a gaucho

''Broner talks too much.

He talks and he talks.

Let's see if what he says holds up.

The same thing happened to me with with Victor Ortiz.

He thought he was a big star and I knocked him off his high horse.

I will always do my work quietly.

I never disrespected my opponents.

But if they disrespect me I will disrespect them.

This Broner guy better not say anything to me because I really have it in for him.

I know he's the favourite.

But I don't care.

I've crossed paths with lions.

He still hasn't fought with men.

He hasn't beat anyone yet to be a star.

The cow has messed with the bull''

-- Marcos Maidana

6. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Problem solved

WhataRock and Willie Maeket like this.
  7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Broners skills turned out to be not that great.

But he will fight anybody and really get into it too. Everytime I watch him I'm surprised that ignorant, annoying POS doesnt want to go down without one hell of a fight.

Imagine if Mayweather had Broner's intestinal fortitude? He would be a legend like Ray Leonard.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  8. Willie Maeket

Jun 22, 2015
    He did prove that he was willing to go out on his shield and that is overlooked about him because of his antics. I believe that this was his greatest fight ever because he stayed in the trenches, not by choice, and banged it out with the heaviest hads at 147 after skipping 140 from 135 and going to 147.
    We have not seen a fighter do that since. You wont see Davis jumping up and you definitely wont see Lomachenko go from 135 to 147 and skip 140.
    His confidence was totally shattered when it should have been emboldened after going toe to toe with Maidana and earning his respect afterwards. Maidana still talks highly of Broner. He hates Floyd.

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    The only thing people can think about are his antics. Probably because they're so ridiculous.

I dont know why Broner doesnt take more pride in his toughness and willingness to challenge himself. Because it's actually impressive.

Also something else I want to say is I dont understand this whole obsession with the G mentality Broner and some fighters have. Talk to a real actual G like Bernard Hopkins. He totally quit the lifestyle because boxing is a profession that requires focus and discipline on training and diet. They dont have the time to do actual real gangsta stuff. He hasn't even had a donut, cookie, beer, etc in 30 years. This whole gangsta thing for boxers is ****ing ridiculous. A real G would never even walk around telling the whole world on TV hes so gangsta. That's how you end up in jail or dead the next week. Everything about this guy is fake.

Broner is that ****en dumb.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  10. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Broner’s footwork is terrible.

11. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    This victory was sweeter than then sweetest Argentinian Malbec.

And to be honest I actually had some belief, and to some extant still do, in Broners ability as a fighter.
    I could never warm to his and his teams antics though.
    "Dad comb my hair"
    Fark off kunt I'm not here to admire your doo

12. Willie Maeket

Jun 22, 2015
    The "G" thing is a defense mechanism for men who feel inadequate. Its a false machismo that originated after the welfare systems infiltration of the struggling black family in the mid 60s which created a bunch of fatherless families that resulted in a bunch of weak men being raised by weak women. Its a bunch of bull****, just watch any episode of First 48.

tinman likes this.