the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Mantequilla, Nov 20, 2009.

1. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Tsuyoshi Hamada VS Romy Cunanan

R1: KO

A decently exciting 1 round bout. Both fighters begin to exchange at the very beginning, but Hamada's thudding power quickly takes control, and he ends up KOing Cunanan on a destructive body-shot. Hamada's hair is not even ruffled in this one.

This content is protected

2. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Tsuyoshi Hamada vs Donny Soriano

R1: KO (at 2:58)

Another early career, first round KO from Hamada. Total blowout in a very physical performance. Hamada looks a different weight-class to his opponent.

3. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Tsuyoshi Hamada VS Rene Arredondo 1

WBA Light-Welterweight title

Hamada (Challenger) Arredondo (Champion)

R1: KO!

Hamada absolutely destroys in his title shot. He begins extremely aggressively, hurting Arrendondo with his first punch, a huge left hand. Hamada swarms all over him, dodging Arredondo's shots with sublime movement and mauling him against the ropes, landing vicious, thudding body punches. It comes to at the closing of the round. Hamada lands a decapitating right hook, and then finishes him off with an absolutely savage flurry. The referee calls the bout. Arredondo never had a chance here.

Apparently, Hamada slept 22 hours before the bout because he was apparently over-trained. You wouldn't believe he had suffered a knee injury before, either. All credit to AsianBoxing for hosting the film.

4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Yoko Gushiken vs Montsayarm Haw Mahachai
    I hope I watched the right fight? Boxrec calls it KO 4, but in the video round 5 clearly begins and 15?seconds in it is stopped.

Gushiken is so fun for me to watch, patient, calculated, skilled, solid power.... I am not sure Mahachai could do anything different to make a fight out of this?

Rd 1 Gushiken patiently stalking and pressing the action continually taking Mahachai to the corners and ropes, scoring and causing him to escape and retreat. Mahachai tried to stay out of range, but that also meant he couldn’t land.

2-4 Gushiken doing the same, and Mahachai trying to counter and exchange, but he is outclassed. On the few times he does open up, so does his defense and Gushiken comes in underneath and scores inside.

Not a great fight to watch unless you are merely checking out Gushiken in more detail like myself.

Gushiken 40-35 at the time of stoppage

5. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Yoko Gushiken vs Sang Il Jung
    Yoko is so calm and composed! Never seems to get swept up in the moment, and is so precise when breaking an opponent down.

I would guess over half of his KD’s I have seen come in the final 20 seconds of a round so you need to be prepared to fight 3 minutes of every round.

In round 3 at the 1 45 point Yoko stuns Jung. But he does not rush in, for a blazing finish. Rather he systematically and methodically breaks him down hurting him again with about 20 seconds left, lands good again but no desperate attempt to finish Jung.

In 4 he is an assassin, very calculated in his punches, misses with 1 wild hook but his balance and space has him safely out of range of the retreating Jung. Again he slowly stalks forward dropping Jung with 15 seconds left.

Round 5 Jung has still not recovered and this is over very quickly.

Yoko is one of the most patient finishers I have seen.

roughdiamond likes this.
  6. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Yuri Arbachakov vs Muangchai Kittikasem I

What an absolutely fun fight to watch! Check it out if you have not seen it!

Yuri has some great foot and upper body movement. Brilliant use of feints to trap and set up Kittikasem here. Some solid quick explosive power as well. His weakness seems to be getting overly aggressive and over eager on offense, especially when Kittikasem seems stunned. Multiple times he aggressively seeks to finish him and/or push for a KD to hard. Leaving himself open to counters and some of Kittikasem best work is rebounding and countering the eager and wide open Yuri. His balance is not the greatest, inspite of his foot speed, he finds himself out of position multiple times, and pays for it in round 3 when he gets dropped. I would like to have seen a calmer finishing touch especially in rd 8. He gets Kittikasem hurt early, but his wild aggression leads to openings and Kittikasem drives him back. Same midway through the round. Again with 45 left in 8 Kittikasem is stunned and looks ready to go. But the aggression again leaves him open. Kittikasem battles back again...when a perfect punch from Yuri knocks him out!!!! Great dynamic explosive punch.

Valiant display from Kittikasem who battles back in a fight he is clearly losing and rounds 6-8 are very closely contested. Also his recovery between round 1 and 2 was admirable...Yuri launches a punch just prior to the bell, but it lands a fraction of a second after it...dropping Kittikasem but not a knockdown. I do wonder if that unseen (accidental) shot impacted him? Great gritty showing!

Yuri is a dynamic fun fighter ready to explode at any time, but seemed too willing (or defensively deficient?) to absorb numerous punches that he didn’t seem to need to.

1-5 Yuri (I scored 3 10-9 the round the we’re both KD’d in)
    6 Kittikasem (commentary has it for Yuri 3-0 with 3 even)
    7 Yuri
    Yuri by KO 8

7. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Definitely Yuri's most aggressive performance (along with the **** talking japanese, I can't remember his name). Bit of an outlier actually.

8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Anyone have a link to the first Olivares vs Herrera fight?
    There's something in it for ya

9. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Good as you're gonna get. Russell's channel was deleted.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Cheers pal. Don't know if you've seen this or not but here's Rose vs Olivares in colour.

roughdiamond likes this.
  11. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    Wow never seen this in colour. Thanks. Gonna download this.

You should make it a thread. McGrain and Co. would definitely wanna see this.

12. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Done.
    I told you there was something was in it for you, I found it just by searching Rose vs Olivares in Colour.

roughdiamond likes this.
  13. roughdiamond

Jul 25, 2015
    It was uploaded two months ago. Cool!

14. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Olivares vs Chucho Castillo

Very entertaining bout, fun to watch. Competitive but Clear who won, despite the KD.

1. Olivares 10-9
    2. Olivares 20-18 (Olivares 10-9)
    3. Even 28-28 (Castillo 10-8)
    4. Olivares 38-37 (Olivares 10-9)
    5. Even 47-47 (Castillo 10-9) CLOSE
    6. Castillo 57-56 (Castillo 10-9)
    7. Even 66-66 (Olivares 10-9) CLOSE
    8. Olivares 76-75 (Olivares 10-9) CLOSE
    9. Olivares 86-84 (Olivares 10-9)
    10. Olivares 95-94 (Castillo 10-9) CLOSE
    11. Olivares 105-103 (Olivares 10-9)
    12. Olivares 114-113 (Castillo 10-9)
    13. Olivares 124-122 (Olivares 10-9)
    14. Olivares 134-131 (Olivares 10-9) CLOSE
    15. Olivares 144-140 (Olivares 10-9)

Castillo had some very nice movement and parried shots off his arms well. He was also a quick combo puncher with his back to the ropes.

I don't know if it was Castillo's type of Defence but when ever Ruben threw his right that didn't land flush (which happened consistently) he threw a picture perfect left hook immediately after. It reminded me of Bob Foster to degree.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    scartissue and roughdiamond like this.
  15. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Watched Vazquez -Marquez II for the umpteenth time. The kind of fight, where I'm too busy enjoying to score it. Winner? The Fans!