This sort of thing annoys me...

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by cross_trainer, Jul 31, 2007.

1. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Then we probably agree.

2. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    As a sidenote, this thread underlines that there may be something to "iron body" training after all. Not the ludicrous chi stuff, but rather conditioning the body to hard blows. Getting used to being hit makes a world of difference.

3. USMCGixxer6

USMCGixxer6 Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    its alot tougher to lock something in when fighting dirty sa hell. possible, yes? likely, not so much.

RNC is likely, very likely. other than that, not so likely.

4. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
  5. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    alright you have no idea what your talking about so im gonna sign out an read this thread later. pce

6. USMCGixxer6

Mar 31, 2007

exactly, most streetfights end when somebody gets that first clean shot in, most other streetfights dont end till other people jump in.

Streetfights dont normally last more than a minute.

7. USMCGixxer6

Mar 31, 2007
    yeah ok

keep it real homie

everybody will respect the **** out of you when you put somebody in a heel hook in a streetfight.

Mad respect dawg

8. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    Which would tend to favor "Tank Abbott Training"--lift lots of weights, forget cardio, train boxing and wrestling, and get yourself into plenty of streetfights. Strange, but then again it almost got him the UFC belt.

9. USMCGixxer6

Mar 31, 2007
    LOL

streetfighting is the gayness anyways

why train for streetfights, stay out of them. too much legal trouble to be had.

10. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    Agreed, though "self-defense" is still useful to know. Just like it's always a good idea to have a fire detector, even though you don't regularly try to burn down your house. :D

11. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    I very much agree with this. The first time you get clocked hard is a real eye opener. You can see it with guys like Arona who are primarily grapplers with little striking experience, they make a face like they are pooping their pants when they get hit.

12. USMCGixxer6

Mar 31, 2007
    true, but lets be real here.

If you practice boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, judo, bjj, etc. That is going to be plenty for self defense 99% of the time

13. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes. That was what I meant--martial arts training under sparring conditions.

I was not implying that you should go out and start street fights. :good

14. enquirer

enquirer Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Of course MMA is the most relevant to street fighting,but its still not streetfighting.....In the street guys can bite,kick balls,gouge and such like.....Nobody in MMA or any other sport trains to avoid this stuff......Really streetfighting is unpredictable and more about agression and who can incapacitate the other guy pretty quickly.....
    If someone got a lock on mike tyson he might bite them or squeeze their balls.....Streetfighting can be a bit of a lottery.,even between skilled guys,just like some MMA matches...
    These sports were made to eliminate the more unsavoury practices of barenuckle free for alls.....All of these full combat sports can have their practical uses and thay all need skills,some folks are more suited to MMA,some to wrestling and some to boxing....I think the biggest assets in streetfights are agression,will to win and the ability to apply hurt quickly...
    Its very difficult to decide if gracie or tyson would win a streetfight because there are too many intangibles and we dont really know how good either of the guys are in a pure no rules streetfight.....

15. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    if i have someone in an armbar and he grabs my nuts ill just pull harder to break his arm so he stops