This time last year Hearn thought he held all the HW aces.....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Jan 31, 2019.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Oh how the worm has turned and i love it......A year ago he was more or less telling the rest of the heavyweights to take an AJ deal or go flock themselves ,now look at him....Begging Wilders team to pick the phone up !! I love it that they are giving him a big custard pie .Flirting with Fury ,Massively over paying Whyte ,Dead end fights with Millar etc...Moaning there is a Global campaign against AJ...A failed April Wembley date ( no Khan/Brook as back up)...

What if Wilder v Fury is another close exciting fight and they do it again????maybe even with a mandatory inbetween(Brazeale)...You will be well into 2020 possibly later ..

I am sure things will work themselves out but turning down that $50 million to fight AJ looks like the worst advice a sportsman has ever had at this moment...If that 330lb lump lands a hook on AJ it could all be curtains ...

Matchroom shills incoming in 3,2,1.......

2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Yes, I'm sure the unbeaten, WBA, IBF, WBO, Ring number one heavyweight champion of the world is looking back on a year when he did over 150,000 tickets, unified three world titles, sold 2.5m PPV's and appeared at number 25 on the Forbes richest athletes list and thinking 'what an absolute disaster.'

3. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Finally, a thread where we can discuss Eddie Hearn and compare the popularity of Fury and Joshua.......

4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Frank's role should not be understated in all of this. I had completely written him off after the DAZN deal was announced but he pulled of a masterstroke signing Fury at 400lbs and has risked financial ruin putting him in with Wilder early, obviously called in some favours from old school contacts at home and abroad. Life in the old dog yet what a turn around!

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Jesus Christ, first post in from someone who isn’t a Matchroom cheerleader? Have a day off, matey.

Hilarious how you say you’re not on MR’s team, yet here you are defending them to the death.

You need banning, you shill.

6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Didn't take any favours. Wilder thought he was shot to hell which is why they took it .Low risk high reward

7. Jacko

Jacko Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I don't think Hearn will be too bothered. Obviously, Joshua would have liked to have taken Wilder and Fury's O. But, for Hearn, he gets big paydays in a Whyte/Miller/Pulev fight that are relatively safe, and then he gets a massive payday in a unification against the Wilder v Fury winner. Plus, there is still the smaller, but still a big payday in fighting the loser of Wilder or Fury.

8. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Strange how so many people on here are praising Warren despite him being stuck on some two bit channel, not releasing his PPV figures because, let's face it, they're pathetic, crying his eyes out when Hearn put the Whyte fight on at the same time as one of his, and basically being a failure.

Surely some of you lot are paid up by him? Frank's the sort of stuck in past bozo who would think a few oddballs on a forum would be worth paying in fairness...

9. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    The brown-nosing of Hearn has been hyperbole, as it been by the 1A Dosh battery ram feed the public have liked. The Fury Wilder fight was great for that to provide some grounding and perspective.

When promoters are being praised and supported as if they are a fighter, it is a very bad sign, so I'm very glad reality was brought back and the division is hot again. I'll never trust any of the dodgy geezer promoters, but we have to live with them or wouldn't have boxing. Pointless hating upon them too much as they go about their business, but entirely distasteful to worship them.

10. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Show us posts where people are praising and defending Warren to the death and pretending that he's saved and revolutionized boxing!

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    "despite him being stuck on some two bit channel,"

BT are two bit?
    they might not be the best but don't talk nonsense

Christ anyone would think he had a deal with a shopping channel :)

12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ha ha ha ha ha! Some man for an irrelevant rant Tony. Isn't this thread about Eddie Hearn?

I and a few others have complemented Warren for staying in the game at a difficult time for British promoters. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact it's sent you off on one in an Eddie Hearn thread is hilarious but then again, it doesn't take much to get you going.

Your posts get more bizarre by the day and you're now appearing mentally unstable. Perhaps you are inferno after all? The mask is beginning to slip I think.

Nobody on here gives a bollocks about Frank Warren as far as I can see. He's just another promoter who's praised and criticised for each decision he makes. He's a snake like the rest of them! Not someone to be unconditionally supported like you do Eddie.

13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Hearn can't help it if Wilder is only interested in fighting fat, out of shape of fighters with health or mental issues such as Fury, Ortiz, Stiverne, Arreola etc.

If Wilder's team aren't responding to all of Hearns offers that are career high paydays for Wilder and a chance for wilder to be unified champ then Hearn can't force Wilder to fight AJ.

Hearn should let AJ keep on fighting infront of 75k people in stadiums, making millions more than other HWs and beating the more proven HWs in the divisonnsuch as he has been doing in Povetkin, Parker and Wlad.

14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Number 1 ,Wilder agreed to Hearns terms but they kept moving goalposts and Barry Hearn and Mckracken admitted they didnt want the fight ...YET
    Number 2 ,Aj/Matchroom turned down a career high payday to fight Wilder (50 million wtf)

Number 3 , As Hearn pointed out the Global view of AJ has changed and he will no longer be selling out Wembley against no-hopers (April 13 th Wembley date is cancelled)

Hope this helps but i hope you still get paid from Matchroom for your support

15. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    It's quite clearly obvious that Joshua and Hearn are in complete control. A fight against IBF mandatory Kubrat Pulev will show you that, why does Anthony Joshua need to fight the likes of Wilder and Fury when he can fight once a year in front of crowds of 80-90,000?

I'm totally not ''Tony Hayers'' and I'm not being paid by Eddie Hearn...