This time last year Hearn thought he held all the HW aces.....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I seriously don't get why either Fury or Wilder don't want to fight AJ. I know each party thinks they are worth more than the split being offered (and I bored of talking about it) however if your a world class boxer than your number one goal would be to be Champion of the World. AJ has the majority of the belts so putting money aside then surely Wilder Fury would want AJ. If they were confident of winning then the big money would obviously come after. Unfortunately I don't think either will ever fight AJ. Wilder is scared and Fury won't fight because Frank Warren won't let it happen.

Scissors likes this.
  2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Lou Dibella, Warren Etc admitted the 50m offer was a fraud offer of which Eddie didn't even receive a contract for when he asked for it. To which Wilders management said they wouldnt send a contract untill Eddie agrees to the fight. Why would any management accept a fight without seeing a contract or terms?

Wilders manament have turned down two offers and failed to respond to 3 more offers or evwn negotiate, all of which career high paydays.

AJ not selling? What other fighter is fighting infront of 75k+ people?

TonyHayers likes this.
  3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Lol, Barry Hearn has said the 50M was real.

75 THOUSAND PEOPLE KLAXON

Sephiroth Rising 7 and Twentyman like this.
  4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    A.) Neither will be considered genuine no.1 until they've beaten the other with nothing disputed. The first fight has created a narrative whereby a rematch just has to happen.

B.) I know this one is especially hard for matchroom nuthuggers to grasp but I'm a nice guy and I'll repeat myself yet again. Wilder and Fury have now opened up the US PPV market. A market where the potential to make money is limitless. They're not where they want to be yet, but they're on the right track. For example, if Wilder sparks Fury in the rematch, Wilder/AJ could do over 1 million US PPV buys. The UK simply can't generate that kind of money.

Eddie Hearn may tell you AJ is the only show in town, but that doesn't mean he's correct.

5. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Would you not rather see all of the worlds best HWs fighting each other as opposed to seeing Hearn fail? Very weird mentality, I wonder if some people like boxing or prefer all of the bull**** that surrounds it.

6. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Of course everyone would but Hearn stands in the way of that.

Its not so much see Hearn 'Fail' as you put it is blatant hypocrisy that he spews on a regular basis that be people pull him up on and rightly so.

7. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    So Wilders team not engaging in negotiations is Hearn's fault? Whyte and Fury not accepting career high pay days to win 3 o the 4 belts is Hearn's fault?

8. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    As the Thread title says Hearn arrogantly assumed he held all the cards and wanted to back Wilder into to a corner because there was no one else to fight but now there is Fury why should Wilder give Hearn the time a day after he s*** himself with 50m offer.

As for Fury and Whyte the former is obviously gonna rematch Wilder because he should win this time around and as for Whyte again Hearn thinks he can bully someone into taking a fight, whats worst though is that Whyte was his own man until recently.

tdf1974 likes this.
  9. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Complete Lies.....but dont let that stop you eh

10. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    It is exactly both Hearns fault ....

Wilders team spent months trying to make the fight ..They kept agreeing terms and the goalposts kept changing until they thought feck it and made the Fury fight in a week.....Now they have no need to engage with Hearn as they have Fury lined up again and possibly a mandatory while the big stiff Dosser is fighting a fat bum .absolute **** fighter ....

Meanwhile Whyte keeps beating the b/c listers in front of him and is no nearer AJ ...In fact Whyte was a fighting AJ when he was poor and injured so now he can fight it seems AJs team dont want the work...

The worst decision in boxing/sporting history is turning down $50 million in a 2 horse race ,what about that for a career high payday pal....Now Eddie is pulling his own plum and i love it.

AJ should beware because Hearn ruined Brooks career by not taking the relevant fights when he was on top...

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Agree with the thread title. He did think he held all the cards and it’s blew up spectacularly in his face. But at the same time this is what Hearn wanted! We heard him say 2020 before. It’s disappointing for the fans.

I know there’s some AJ haters and Fury fan boys out there who will debate otherwise but as a fan 2 of the best fights that can be made are Joshua v Wilder or Fury. That’s what the world wants to see.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    Them days of fighting anyone and selling out Wembley are gone mate....Otherwise he would be fighting at Wembley in April ...

I think Hearn is brilliant up to a point....He maneuvers fighters into great positions ,sometimes out of their depth even ,but he gets fighters chances and makes them money....Where i think he is pants is when he gets an Elite fighter to the top he completely shits his pants incase he gets beat....

13. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't think he's particularly bothered about them getting beat; Brook, Bellew and Crolla. Even AJ to a certain extent- they've not taken the path of least resistance.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Scissors and TonyHayers like this.
  14. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Hearn stuck Joshua in with Klitschko when the guy had had about eighteen fights. He was so scared of Brook losing that he sent him up to middleweight and put him in with Golovkin.

And why the idea that if Joshua gets beat his career is over? He'll still be absolutely massive if he loses.

15. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    you have earned your Matchroom dollar ok...

Even Adam Smith (you) was calling Hearn out on his guff shows and fights today ...