This weekend's fight predictions.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Robney, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It's been a long time since I watched most of the weekend's fights, but I'm going for it because somehow I have the feeling boxing politics, corruption, backstabbing and such takes this weekend off for a change.

These are my predictions, what are yours?!

Jose Carlos Ramirez vs "Relentless" Antonio Orozco > Ramirez close UD.

Avni "Mr Robot" Yildirim vs Lolenga "The Dane" Mock > Mock SD.

Jaime Aaron Munguia vs Brandon "Fry" Cook > Mungiua TKO10.

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Moises "Moy" Fuentes > Gonzalez TKO5.

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan > Lemieux KO7.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez > Golovkin close UD.

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Jose Carlos Ramirez vs "Relentless" Antonio Orozco > 50/50 IMO, I lean Ramirez Close UD as well.

Avni "Mr Robot" Yildirim vs Lolenga "The Dane" Mock > Its in Germany, Yildirim UD

Jaime Aaron Munguia vs Brandon "Fry" Cook > Another potential 50/50. Munguia's lack of defense may catch up to him. But, I'm playing it safe here, Munguia KO7

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Moises "Moy" Fuentes > Gonzalez KO3

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan > I think David is ripe for the picking, Spike KO5

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez > GGG KO7

Serge, dinosaurs and Robney like this.
  3. rorschach51

rorschach51 A Legend & A Gentleman Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Didn't Cook upset a fellow Canadian KO artist not to long ago? A young kid too I believe :sherlock:Cook is ranked 40th in the world at boxrec and gets a title shot...

I also think Spike stops and maybe retires Lemieux.

4. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Alvarez wide UD.

:)

Serge likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, he stopped Steven Butler, which was impressive, but then Cook got destroyed by Kanat Islam later that year.

rorschach51 likes this.
  6. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    GGG by bodyshot ko before the 6th round

7. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Only picking the matches where I have seen both fighters

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Moises "Moy" Fuentes > Gonzalez TKO4. Gonzalez has to win this one or he's done. I think he will win, but his best days are gone. Okay I never saw Fuentes in a full fight, but his record suggests on the slide and should be meat.

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan > Lemieux KO 8. Could be a great fight while it lasts! Two top ten middles who want to win by knockout. Sullivan who declined to meet GGG as a sub, might be next if he wins here and GGG defeats Canelo.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez > Golovkin TKO in 10. GGG won't start as slow this time, will stay in the center of the ring, and pound the body or head. Alvarez, I think won't be as big or strong ( PED's ) this time, and GGG will figure that out as the rounds go by. The question to me is, how tough is Alvarez, and can he duplicate a fine defensive type of performance. One thing I'm sure he won't fight like a Mexican.

Serge and rorschach51 like this.
  8. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    Let's :bump this for some more predictions.

9. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Jose Carlos Ramirez vs "Relentless" Antonio Orozco > Ramirez UD, probably just outworks Orozco.

Avni "Mr Robot" Yildirim vs Lolenga "The Dane" Mock > Yildirim UD close, this is a tough one to pick but it's in Germany and I don't see a knock-out.

Jaime Aaron Munguia vs Brandon "Fry" Cook > Mungiua TKO9

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Moises "Moy" Fuentes > Gonzalez, he is old and past it but Fuentes isn't that good.

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan > Lemieux KO7. Spike is overconfident after the BJS fight, his style suits Lemiuex to a tee and he'll walk onto a big one at some point.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez > Alvarez close UD. I'm picking this as an insurance policy - if Golovkin wins I'm pleased, if he loses at least I have a correct league pick to console me!

Serge and Robney like this.
  10. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Avni "Mr Robot" Yildirim vs Lolenga "The Dane" Mock > Yildirim UD. Yildirim isn't great but surely he should outpoint a guy who's closer to 50 years old than 40...

Jaime Aaron Munguia vs Brandon "Fry" Cook > Munguia TKO7. This will probably be an entertaining fight and Munguia will get hit but I think his chin is good enough to weather the storm.

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan > Lemieux. Feel like Lemmy is getting underrated and Spike overrated in this match.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez > Canelo. GGG is getting old and possibly slipping and against the top opposition there is not much room for that.

Robney likes this.
  11. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    That's the way I see it too. Sully's best win is frickin' Douglas and then... maybe... Abreu?!? And he got the exact same treatment from BJS as he and some of his backers are using as a sign that he's the better boxer. That simply doesn't compute.
    Lemieux is on the slide, but in my opinion he has already beaten better fighters (sometimes to a bloody pulp) as Spike will ever be, and O'Sullivan's style suits him like a glove.
    Of course I can be wrong, but the reasoning why Spike would beat Lemmy seems quite flawed imo.

Russell and Max Thunder like this.
  12. PlechkoisTyson

PlechkoisTyson Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2018
  13. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Jose Carlos Ramirez vs "Relentless" Antonio Orozco
    Absolutely no idea how to judge this. I think Ramirez is overrated but Orozco only fought bums so far. I think Ramirez via decision is the most likely outcome here.

Avni "Mr Robot" Yildirim vs Lolenga "The Dane" Mock
    I would love to see Yildirim losing this and the last time he fought Ford in Germany the scorecards were pretty solid but what will happen if the fight is really close and Mock is winning it? No way Yildirim losing this on the cards. Yildirim is one of the best protected bums out there.

Jaime Aaron Munguia vs Brandon "Fry" Cook
    If Cook can eat those big hands he might have a chance to catch Munguia with something big as i think he is hitting harder than Beefy and Munguia was definitely hit too much there. But Munguia is a beast and could easily take him out. I would not be surprised if this won't last two or three rounds.

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Moises "Moy" Fuentes
    Chocolatito within 3-4 rounds easily. Will probably get some feel in rounds but Fuentes is completly shot. Even 50% of Roman will destroy him badly.

David "Lemmy" Lemieux vs Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan
    55/45 Lemieux but Spike is tough and he can bang so why not? Definitely a good matchup, should be entertaining. Head is telling me Lemieux but heart saying Spike as i like him as a fighter.

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Saul "Cleanelo" Alvarez
    Either GGG will take him out, could easily happen imo or he wins a close decision, probably MD. Clenelo is overrated as ****.

Serge and Russell like this.
  14. Mynydd

Mynydd Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The weekend of Golovkin-Alvarez II is the weekend you predict that? :tonguecrazy:

Anyway, I'm only familar with the boxers from the last three bouts. Lemieux KO, Gonzalez KO, Alvarez UD.

Serge and Robney like this.
  15. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    Because of that.
    Everybody expects huge controversy this weekend, so it doesn't happen ;)