Thomas Essomba vs. Jay Harris & Boy Jones vs. Craig Poxton RBR - FOTY so far IMO

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 24, 2017.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Another one from across the pond, from London's York Hall. :thumbsup:

This content is protected

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Boy Jones vs. Craig Poxton, 10 rounds @ super featherweight

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is for the BBBofC Southern Area 130lb title, 1st defense of Jones.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

Quick jabs from Jones. Poxton gets inside and scrubs his stomach with some underhanded shovels with both hands. Poxton doing some bobbing & weaving inside, keeping a high guard, firing hard straight combos at Jones' ribs. Jones casually glides around him, beaching up on the ropes, slipping punches by turning in either side and rubbernecking, unrolling a counter jab. Lead hook by Jones, hitting Poxton on the jowls but countered by a pair of hard uppercuts from a crouch by Poxton. Jab up top and hard spearing right on the abdomen by Poxton, diving in low under Jones' counter jab. Uppercut inside by Jones, snapping Poxton's head back. 1-2 by Jones landing softly in the phonebooth as Poxton leans in on him. Poxton applying heavy pressure and winging overhands into both ears of Jones while continuing to get touches on the body with legal blows as well as stiff forearms and elbow thrusts, controlling Jones and putting him against the ropes where he can work him over inside.

10-9 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  6. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    This is the final fight of the show, Essomba Vs Harris was a solid fight earlier on the card

Poxton has come to make a statement, loving it!

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 2

Poxton is laying it on Jones, coming directly from below his chest with up-jabs and anti-aircraft missile rights from a menacing forthright crouch. Poxton is performing Gene Krupaesque drum fills on the chin of Jones, giving him no quarter. Jones to his credit is flailing and flurrying back as best he can, visibly uncomfortable with both the pace and the terrain at which this is being fought, hoping to get full extension to unfurl his jab and make use of his reach advantage. Jones isn't able to buy himself any breathing room so he clinches. Poxton is strong enough to break free without the assistance of the official. Gigantic harpooning right on the face by Poxton, rocking Jones against the ropes.

10-9 Poxton

20-18 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is, err...man vs. Boy, innit?

rorschach51 likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Ah, ta. Commonwealth title (over 12r) before Area title over 10? Weird.

10. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Boy sells tickets, British shows are based on who sells tickets

Poxton looking a wee bit knackered now

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Result for Essomba vs. Harris still isn't up on BoxRec...do you reckon BN will be replaying it or is this one the finale of the broadcast? If not you can spoil the outcome and give us a synopsis. :thumbsup:

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 3

Poxton is still pressuring hard but not getting as many shots off. Jones is dancing around to mid-range and tossing jabs over Poxton's head, missing or skimming the hairline. Jones tries a plunging right hand in search of the shorter, crouching opponent but either whiffs past his shoulder or is caught on the mitt. Poxton keeping that high guard as he plows his way into Jones, forcing him to wrestle or flee. Solid right hands bowled over the top still landing for Poxton as he stomps inside.

10-9 Poxton, much closer

30-27 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  13. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    BN showed it live - VERY close bout, first 3 rounds were mega close, then Harris took the lead, Essomba came back strong, then Harris came back, Harris took the lead and took a close win. Scores were ...115-114, 116-113 and 117-112 I think...Good solid fight...the 117-112 card was crap.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 4

Poxton is driving Jones into the ropes and sweeping out roundhouse body shots with both hands. Jones counters with his back buoying off the cables, bending his knees to add emphasis to his uppercuts, looking to use them like a crowbar to pry loose of Poxton. Jones gets some space and is quickly run down across the ring, nearly trapped on the ropes again. Nonstop combos by Poxton, climbing from torso up to jaw, haranguing Jones to all four corners without letup.

10-9 Poxton, again very close (relative to R1 & 2) but a bit clearer than R3.

40-36 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 5

Poxton is flurrying into Jones' chest and quieting the champ every time he starts to lean backwards and begin the maneuvers to execute his own straight combos. Jones, story of the first half of this fight so far, just doesn't have space to operate comfortably. Poxton maintaining his pace from the last couple of rounds, which is about 75% of the hellacious one he set in the first two. Poxton is physically moving Jones about the ring with blocked up-jabs from the crouch. Right hand on the throat and wide left hook on the hip by Poxton, sending Jones skittering across the ring.

10-9 Poxton

50-45 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.