Thomas Essomba vs. Jay Harris & Boy Jones vs. Craig Poxton RBR - FOTY so far IMO

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 24, 2017.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Barrie Jones has it 49-46 Poxton.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 6

Poxton is looping hard rights into Jones' sides, a few inches afore the kidney. Stinging double jab on the nose by Poxton, continuing to force Jones into reverse gear with his vertical bunny-hop. BIG right hand by Poxton, jerking the head of Jones into a tailspin. Jones recovers and backs up, popping light double jabs and slowing Poxton with a partially blocked long right hand once at range. Jones leans in for a sneaky uppercut but only grazes and gets clipped with a counter left hook, bopping him flush on the temple. Poxton is reaching up with the jab, corralling Jones into the ropes and then drilling him in the chest with a right. Jones clinches. Nice uppercut by Jones from out of nowhere. Poxton was stunned. Straight combos on the face by Jones! Poxton fairly well hurt! Poxton can't get a glove up to defend, blinking as Jones blasts him over and over!

10-9 Jones, the rare case of a legitimate "steal" in the closing 15-20 seconds after clearly losing the first 2-plus minutes.

59-55 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is a plum corker.

rorschach51 likes this.
  4. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 7

Poxton is flinging his arms heavily up at Jones, still true to his game plan, badly swollen around the left eye. Jones is dancing around him, keeping him at the end of his jab. Axing rights from Jones on the outside. Poxton can no longer get in close. Jones is lighting him up with ease, picking his spots and barely having to move his feet to stay clear of the increasingly blinded and fatigued, leaden-footed Poxton.

10-9 Jones

68-65 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    They might not let him out for the eighth..

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Doctors having a look. Craig wants to bang on, but..

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    "If you happen to see Craig Poxton out on the town, buy this guy a pint"

Lol, agreed.

9. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Has a cut like that...and then comes out and wins round 8 landing most of the best blows of the round...shame Poxton makes Malignaggi look like Earnie Shavers!

rorschach51 likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 8

Poxton is bravely surging ahead, walking headlong onto jabs. Never planting his feet and committing, Jones is happy to reach out and just barely tap Poxton with a point-scoring lead right hand while bouncing around on the ball of either foot. Poxton is hurling himself at Jones and nicking a few body shots but getting illuminated with a plethora of little Christmas tree lights by Jones, very soft jabs and rights doing the trick from range, with minimal effort required by Jones to move clear out of the way of most of Poxton's offense.

10-9 Jones, closer than 6 or 7, commentators gave it to Poxton in emotional appreciation of his 2nd wind...

77-75 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 9

Poxton is chasing after Jones and managing to double and triple up his jab despite being knackered. Poxton is matching the output from the champion, who is content to pot-shot while on his bike. Jones taking no chances with any of Poxton's hail-Mary bombs inside. Poxton loading up on everything with bad intentions. Long right hand by Jones. Heavy right on the body from Poxton. Another right by Jones laps against the neck of Poxton like a rolling wave, and is countered by a left hook up top. Body shots by Poxton until the bell.

10-9 Poxton, very tight

87-84 Poxton

rorschach51 likes this.
  12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Interesting. Jones being told by his corner he needs a KO in these last few minutes.

13. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Gotta think Jones needs a KO myself...go on Poxton!

14. Boxing Prospect

May 10, 2012
    Get the **** in there! Well done Poxton!

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 10

BIG RIGHT HAND FROM POXTON! Jones is sheltering on the ropes, letting a deluge of light jabs and gourd-like uppercuts dipping to his knees before traveling up, forming a moat, which Poxton happily swims through. BIG RIGHT HAND FROM POXTON AGAIN!! HOOK! RIGHT!! JONES BADLY STUNNED!! WOBBLY, MOUTH AGAPE, UPPER BODY HANGING SLACK TO ONE SIDE! DOWN!!! Jones manages to get up and clinch as Poxton rams into him and unloads some body shots. Ref breaks them loose. Heavy straight right downstairs by Poxton. HUGE right by Poxton chopped just behind the left ear of Jones, staggering him. Another one, Jones down. Poxton wins!

KO10!!!

rorschach51 likes this.