THURMAN VS UGAS

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ILikeBoxingForRealz, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    That he is one of the best welterweights is an indictment of the division, name a great welter who lost to a 40 year old welterweight

2. Reinhardt

Oct 4, 2016

He's fought 4 times in the last 4 years, lost to Manny , won a split decision over Danny Garcia, and didn't look to hot against Lopez. Spence or Crawford would drill him.

3. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Thurman schooled Lopez for the entire fight and got caught in one. And it was his tune-up after a long layoff.

The Real Lance likes this.
  4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Oh, he won a SD? Well, he also lost a SD... So what´s your point exactly?
    The argument was that Thurman is still a top 5 welterweight. Manny beat him and you only managed to bring up 2 more names.
    So whole else is better than Thurman?

5. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Who said that Thurman is great?
    And you again seem to forget who Manny actually is. He isn´t just any 40 year old.
    Not to mention that Manny is the oldest man to win a belt at 147.

Ironically, Manny got blasted by a 39 year old Marquez :lol:

6. Reinhardt

Oct 4, 2016

Yes Manny got torched by a 39 year old Marquez,,,,that doesn't do much for Thurman's reputation does it?

7. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Sort of a loaded questions isn't? How many times has this been the case for a WW title fight? BTW, what that fight SHOULD mean to you is that is says more about Pac's greatness then how limited Thurman is.

He still beat Garcia. And Porter remember. I hated Thurman's lack of activity. But when in the ring he was still easily a top 3 WW. What you believe Spence Jr (who was injured as well, nd his return condition is NOT set in stone) and Crawford actually doesn't mean squat unless they actually do it.

It actually means NOTHING in regards to Thurman's rep. Again, you sell a fantastic fighter in JMM short just to try and make a negative about Thurman.

8. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Thurman is still a good fighter, Ugas ain't no Pacquiao.

9. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :facepalm::lol: