Time Conor Benn took a fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by impacted, Oct 7, 2017.

1. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    This lad has had 9 pro ''fights'' that were really personal appearances. No matter how much Adam Smith shouts about Benn ''blowing him away'', the fact is Benn is still taking fights like tonight where bookies had him 100-1 on. I'm not saying Conor should jump in with the likes of Skeete or Eggington, but his career to date just seems a prolonged exploitation of the name his dad created.

2. Hayemakerr

Hayemakerr Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    He Is a phenomenal athlete but I expect him to get exposed fairly quickly when the level of opposition increases

3. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    He probably does need to step up slightly but he has had very limited amateur exposure so his experience is only really those 9 fights.

Chuck Wepner, DON1 and S.K like this.
  4. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Good point Beez, but for a guy fighting on Sky Sports every time out to say tonight he's ''nowhere near'' stepping up to area level was cringe worthy.

5. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    That journeyman that he fought forget the name gave him hell and since then his fought trash they are trying to fool people because the fighters his fought since then have had better records on paper thats what's gonna happen when he steps up but instead of winning a close fight he will get battered or knocked out and that music lol

6. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Why should he? He's fighting off his dads name (not a criticism) and I'm sure I heard an interview on talk sport where they rushed him because of the Eubanks jr publicity. Benn jr ain't great, but he can make himself and others money on his name so they will take it very slow and use his lack of amateur experience As an excuse.

For what it's worth he looked a lot more composed and his finish was well done tonight

7. SambaKing

SambaKing Member banned Full Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I don't know why I do it to myself, maybe self loathing or maybe I'm a masochist but everytime Benn fights on sky, I type into the Twitter search bar "Benn Eubank" & read the tweets. These damn casual's are desperate for Conor Benn to fight Jnr hahahah

Blah and S.K like this.
  8. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Still an inexperienced young boy plenty time to step up

Trojan02 likes this.
  9. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    It's disappointing the way the knockers come out in force when Conor fights. Cribbing and moaning about the level of opposition etc etc instead of getting behind the lad like they should be doing. Personally I support him and wish him every success and I have no trouble saying so. Same with CEJ.

Camaris likes this.
  10. John-tha-dunce

John-tha-dunce Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2016
    I think what annoys people is the fact there building him up like a world beater , blowing smoke up his ass the best thing since sliced bread etc.. all we ask is he fights a live opponent then if they believe what they're saying

impacted likes this.
  11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Adam Smith would love Conor Benn to blow him away.

12. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Boxing is ever more of a business than it has ever been, why spoil a good business plan?

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    While he is blowing Eh Day in a threesome

14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    No Boxing is a Sport and business is slowly killing it from the inside.

The public being mugged off by promoters, Sky commentators and fighters all singing from the same hym sheet to charge the mugs for smelling their own shyte in addition to the cost of Toilet Roll.

The Crolla fight and the card was about as welcome as a rotten egg fart.

They wonder why MMA popularity has grown from nowwhere.

15. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I proved my point exactly, it's not a sport anymore......