TMT: Jarrett Hurd vs. Luís Arias & Badou Johannes Gabriel Jack vs. Dervis Armando Colina Leal RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 6, 2021.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    At the end of the day, arguably the greatest boxer of his generation, past his prime but in pristine condition, failed to knock out a novice boxer YouTuber who was far bigger and stronger in the ring.

At the very least, what that does is completely destroy the narrative that an elite boxer can comfortably beat up a random guy from the street who outsizes the elite boxer.

That’s a narrative that a lot of boxing fanatics peddle online. It’s just been blown apart tonight. Logan Paul can barely box. Before the fight they showed some of his padwork and you could see that his punches had zero power. He was even missing quite a few uppercuts and hooks on the pads.

demigawd and raid like this.
  2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I'm annoyed that boxing looks ridiculous at the moment. But I'm thoroughly enjoying Floyd looking like a dumbass in failing to KO a YouTuber from the suburbs.

C.J. likes this.
  3. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Any way you slice it this was an extremely bad look for boxing. A privileged suburb kid with around 3 years of boxing experience at best just went 8 rounds with the so called GOAT. The age gap and size gap should not matter at that level, floyd is in his 40's not 50+. Bhop was a world level boxer at that age. Floyd let the sport of boxing down, and he let himself down as well. That was just pathetic. He literally got mauled in the first round. I'm starting to think boxing won't be around in 10 years.

mpg likes this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Jesus wept! The post-fight presser is almost as embarrassing as the fight. They in full damage control mode and they had to make sure to remind us that ''Logan is a big guy''

Even Ellerbe felt the need to chime in about Floyd only weighing 155lbs :risas3::facepalm:

Logan is a bloody Youtuber who was 0-1-0 against a fellow Youtuber not a professional boxer.

This content is protected

Wizbit1013, CST80 and mpg like this.
  5. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Who actually believes this? Boxing isn't streetfighting and never was designed to be. I would expect plenty of 225-pound bouncers to kick Mayweather's and Pac's asses.

6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    No I wouldn't because he would be dwarfed in the ring. Had Paul been 160 and pbf didn't stop him like McGregor then it would be embarrassing but Paul dwarfed pbf in the ring even in his prime in a 8 round fight pbf wouldn't stop Paul because Paul would still be able to hold and out muscle him.

7. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    This content is protected

:lol:

8. fcb1068

fcb1068 Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Yup. The meat heads, body builders, and youtubers now think anyone can be successful in boxing.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Honestly I did. Because it’s all about timing and knowing how to throw punches properly.

But I’ve revised my opinion now. I genuinely think if you put Floyd in a street fight with Ross Kemp, Kemp ****ing annihilates him.

10. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Well Maidana is clearly not better fighter than Pac by any stretch.

11. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I didn't bother watching past the first 2 rounds but everyone in the office tomorrow will be crowing about how the best P4P boxer could barely get past a 0-2 youtuber.

12. DRUGS

DRUGS Boxing Addict Full Member

May 6, 2014
    Ok... And he ****ing dropped Keith Thurman... Shane Mosley..Miguel Cotto...Ricky Hatton... Tim Bradley.. JMM...Moraeles...

Come on dude. 2010 is over. I agree with you Floyd would have always beaten Pac... I agree there are dumb *******s who believe Pac would win and crap on Floyd...

But it is 2021 now... Give Pac his props...Guy was an All time great and right up there with Floyd.

13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    He couldn't be aggressive because he wouldn't be able to get in range easily Paul has an extreme reach advantage and Paul will still jab enough to keep pac at bay and then tie up and maul when pac gets close

14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Are you joking ? I'll ask one last time. Lets say Paul keeps him at bay. Paul will gas because of the pressure like against Mayweather and Pacquiao will slaughter him

15. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    He's just flat out HORRIBLE. He doesn't even know how to hit a HEAVYBAG.

JOKER and CutThroatFade like this.