TMT: Jarrett Hurd vs. Luís Arias & Badou Johannes Gabriel Jack vs. Dervis Armando Colina Leal RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah that really irked me too. Jake ''Money'' Paul has single-handedly destroyed two sports in three fights but still they don't wanna give him his just due

Quina74, From.Russia and DynamicMoves like this.
  2. Quina74

Quina74 Active Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Even more offensive is the fact Canelo is no. 1 and GGG is nowhere to be seen in the top 10 despite winning two wide but competitive fights with Canelo (8-4/9-3). So Canelo's no 1 for losing to a 36 yo twice and Lara and beating up a European level at best Smith and blown up inactive 160lber... NO. 1 P4P KING BABY. Lmaooooo

Also, Lopez and Crawford in the top 5 for being undisputed weight bullies... Usyk however becoming undisputed in a highly competitive division at his actual weight and actually travelling outside his home country in the process is nowhere to be seen .. The dumbassery in boxing is truly baffling

Serge likes this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yes GGG beats the ''greatest fighter of our generation x 2'' in the vast majority of observer's eyes when he's a senior citizen and said ''greatest fighter of our generation'' is jacked out of his mind on PEDs and he doesn't warrant a place. SMH

Quina74 likes this.
  4. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Style match up. Bigger southpaw pressure fighter. Spence is a machine. He would be coming forward all night behind a jab and high guard and Floyd would be on his bike the whole night. Floyd wouldn't out jab Spence, and wouldn't outwork him. His pity pat wouldn't bother Spence in the least, and Spence would bang on that body whenever he got close. Floyd would be defensive all night as opposed to scoring.

5. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Name a single fight where someone just walked through Floyd's shots.

6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Maidana and Castillo come to mind. Floyd never fought an equivalent of Spence, outside of Spence working him in sparring. My point is Floyd would be shelled up and on his bike all night. Spence isn't short like Pac either.

7. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Maidana and Castillo did not walk through his shots.
    But if your argument is the inside fight, then sure, we can have at it. However the proposal that Spence would just walk through his shots is nonsense.
    Also, something to keep in mind is that Maidana fought an old Floyd. And supposedly Floyd had shoulder issues in the first Castillo fight. I have no idea how legitimate that is, but he did put on dominant performances in both rematches.

Spence is good, but he doesn´t move his head at all. And he is slow. Manny will highlight plenty of his flaws.

8. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Showtime is reporting about a million PPV buy for the circus act. That is quit a hustle.

9. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Then Floyd didn't excessively clinch.

rhin0z> likes this.
  10. sasto

sasto Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    What do you think of Maidana (on the night he fought Floyd) vs Spence (modern Spence, not back then)?

This is a genuine question not a prelude to me launching into a tirade about it.