told you fools...all yall that was hatin on kimbo slice...man up and take your L

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Nokstar, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Dantes

Dantes ESB Magnate Full Member

May 5, 2006
    :good

2. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I think Kimbo did better than i thought, he learned pretty fast! This man has fighting talents, he should have started earlier and he should have been a boxer i bet he would make some noise. Hes just an natural fighter and with serious training and good trainers he could have gone far in boxing or in K-1 or MMA or wahtever he would have tried. Now it might be to late to develop into an good professional fighter at boxing, MMA or wahtever.

3. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Own up to your ****ing predicition. Looks like boxing isn't all you need is it fanboy?

Mercer was clueless against a guy allowed to clinch and knee, he was losing that fight standing up too, not just on the ground.

4. sprite

sprite Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    don't know about that bro. kimbo seems like a good mma fighter... plus he has a lot of star power

hes probably one of the most popular mma fighters out there

5. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Moved to the MMA forum.

6. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Why not? I may aswell have been a sword fight.Kimbo is a street fighter.Mercer is a PRO boxer.There 2 entirely diffrent beasts.:patsch

7. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He has a big following on the web because of his internet hardman antics.Like i said if Kimbo is serious let him compete as a pro on the pro circuit in MMA and only then will i take him seriously.

8. Nokstar

Nokstar 5'9", 175lbs, man-machine Full Member

Apr 2, 2006
    exactly...and now everybody cant remember nothing...its quite amusing lol

9. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    And so ends the debate of "Put Kimbo in their with a trained Boxer and he will killed". Kimbo absolutely manhandled Mercer.

10. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    he tends to dissapear when things like that happen

11. Burundanga

Burundanga Renaissance Man Full Member

Jun 19, 2005
    dana white had nothing to do with this fight

12. oblate

oblate Active Member Full Member

Sep 16, 2004
    the first thing you said is true I don't know how anyone could think otherwise. however kimbo slice is not an mma fighter. Hes a streetfighter her trained some mma for this match.

13. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Heh, true that. I still have a 7 y.o bumfights CD with him on it haha. Funny, how boxing fanboys starting to back down now lol. If they only knew that all MMA fighters actually love/like boxing...

14. Koa

Koa Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I was one who said I expected Mercer to KO Kimbo with a jab. I was under the impression that Kimbo was going to fight Mercer like he has fought all the other street scraps as he has in the past. As soon as I found out Kimbo, was training with Bas Rutten and company, I said one of two things would happen, and I still believe they hold true...

I said that if Kimbo fought toe to toe, he would get owned which he would have.. I also said if Kimbo took the fight to the ground he would win via ground and pound. I was off slightly, I didn't expect him to Choke Mercer out, but I was at least correct about a ground victory.

I think a lot of people were expecting Kimbo to bring it with the style he is known for. I'm telling you, if he knuckled up against Mercer and not gone for the takedown he would have been knocked out.

15. Drexl

Drexl Your Hero Full Member

Jan 24, 2005
    This fight is on a par with Butterbean vs Holmes in terms of significance.

If this victory over an old, fat, retired pro boxer is something to crow about, then MMA fans must be desperate indeed.