Tommy Morrison vs Cleveland Williams

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Undefeated Lachbuster, Feb 7, 2019.

Williams vs Morrison

1. Morrison by KO/TKO

51.9%
  2. Morrison by decision

3.7%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Williams by KO/TKO

44.4%
  5. Williams by decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Battle of the could-have-been heavyweights. Both 6'2" 210-220lbs of solid muscle and athleticism, good power punchers too. Who lands first? Prime for prime, of course

2. ray fritz

ray fritz Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    This would be a war.Tend to go for Big Cat,Tommy COULD BE HIT EARLY, MICHAEL Bentt.but goin with my heart,Tommy favorite when started punchin

3. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pre-Liston fight Williams could k.o./outpoint Morrison. Post-Liston fight Williams gets k.o.'ed by Morrison. The Big Cat was never the same after the 2 brutal Liston losses.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  4. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Morrison is more well rounded and can box or slug. He wasnt great at taking punches but he knew how to survive and make adjustments when hurt. If push came to shove he could pull off a decision win if it got too dangerous. Big cat is slightly below morrison in ability and way below him in career acconplishments.

Claw4075 and Longhhorn71 like this.
  5. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Williams was 6' 3", & due to steroids, Morrison was heavier.

I do not know who to favor here. I am unconvinced Morrison was better.

6. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Realistically either guy could get clipped at any moment, so it’s not one you can pick with any degree of certainty.

As vulnerable as he was, Morrison showed several times that he was able to get off the floor and find a way through. I think the odds lean slightly in his favour because of that.

7. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    While Morrison DID take HGH, if you look at both their physiques, Williams is clearly more lean than Morrison.

Boxrec lists Williams as 6'2"

8. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Toss a coin here.

Morrison could look great or he could look limited (which is likely what he was). Cleveland has the big reputation and was physically imposing but his record was fairly padded.

A devastating KO either way wouldn't surprise, it really depends on which version turned up (particularly in Morrison's case).

I'll sit on the fence for this.

9. Scrap_Iron_Johnson

Scrap_Iron_Johnson Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2018
    I'd give the edge to Williams, as I have never been particularly impressed with Morrison

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  10. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I'll say one guy is definitely knocking out the other, and it's probably Williams. Confidence: about 65-70%

11. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Fight of the year .
    Round 1 .Morrison down within second s ,up at 6 he's put down again but survives the round ..
    Round 3 Tommy is caught again by Williams and once again he barely makes it.
    Round 4 .Morrison has Cleveland rocked to his boots from a massive left hook!His leg's are shaking badly as he goes back to his corner.
    Round 5 And Tommy comes out blasting Williams with vicious hook's, he's determined to get him out of there !.
    Just under a minute left in the 5 th round and a Tommy has thrown everything at his opponent and is now blowing hard .Morrison takes a step back when he's caught by a right from Cleveland that puts him down hard against the ropes .
    Tommy looks gone !!
    The ref counts to 10 with no chance at all of Morrison making it .Cleveland Williams has done it ..

12. Grapefruit

Grapefruit Active Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Well their both glass cannons that would go for the knock out so it's definitely not going the distance, it really depends on who lands first here so very unpredictable I think, but Morrison edges him slightly, would look alot like when Morrison fought ruddock

13. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes Williams is leaner-& a little lighter. Morrison ponly took HGH? I read here once he said he would be 190 without PEDs.
    I never saw Williams listed as 6' 2" before. Though looking him up now, one place something came up describing him as 229, another showed he said I got away with boxing when I was 14 only because I was 182 lbs...
    He was naturally somewhat bogger than Morrison.

14. MMAMIKE

MMAMIKE Member banned Full Member

May 15, 2020
  15. WAR01

WAR01 In the 7.2% Full Member

Aug 19, 2019
    It was the 60s synthesized testosterone was widely available and could even be mail ordered PED's had been available for years a professional athlete with no testing and a easy PED available wouldn't use?