Tommy Morrison vs. Joe Louis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Seamus, Apr 12, 2019.

Tommy Morrison vs. Joe Louis

1. Tommy by KO

18 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Tommy by Dec.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Joe by KO

98 vote(s)
    83.8%
  4. Joe by Dec.

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    the facts is it's no such word of a expert that can go over video so no it's not hard to prove

but you cant prove any outdated words meaning nothing over the future which ready happened in 70s-90s unless your stuck which you seem to be

why do you think words cant be proven easy it's happened mutiple times in every sport

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    ascended likes this.
  2. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Oh my god.
    What are you talkin about?
    Floyd patterson certainely did watch atleast one boxing match with joe Louis in there, otherwise he wouldn't have claimed that Louis had the sweetest left hook he ever saw.
    Oh and The HUGE segment of boxing experts who believe the brown bomber was an outstanding technical boxer must have watched a Joe Louis fight atleast once as well ! so they couldn't have made this claim out of thin air!

Sooooooooooooo, let me make this right, if y'all
    have watched a joe Louis fight, who should i believe?
    Should i believe the opinion of a boxing expert, Who claims that Louis was one of the best heavyweight....not of his time but of all time in terms of accomplishments, acheivements, H2H matchup and skills.
    Or a guy like....like you who believe otherwise?

3. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Technically, if we are not allowed to use words, and video is the only thing that matters, isn't it impossible for any of us to even argue about whether Louis had a good left hook or not?

Pugguy and Stiches Yarn like this.
  4. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    you shouldn't believe anybody words is the point vid goes over that I keep saying that

I said they were right on him being great for his time and before that doesn't mean he goes over future people cause he did lose in his time

you named floyd I dont see him losing in louis era do you or do I see Frazier ali or George losing in that era do you cause I dont they wouldnt

and if we both can see these legends and others not named wouldnt lose then means Louis era is outdated which means he would be to

ascended likes this.
  5. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    We have no film of Frazier, Foreman, or Ali beating Louis.

We also have no film of Patterson dominating Louis's era.

Instead, we simply have your words saying that these things would happen.

By your own rules, doesn't this mean we should ignore your argument?

6. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    A bit harsh. He won some and lost some If he was the fraud you suggest he doesn't beat Ruddock or Foreman. He was a bottom level top ten guy in a stacked era. Lost to a prime Lennox Lewis and could have beaten Mercer if he trained.

Stiches Yarn and cross_trainer like this.
  7. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    we dont but we do have vid of these legends in their own time and know how good they did their

we know to that those in Louis era was stiff basic and not as good as 70s which means the names I put would dominate that era unless your saying that those names in Louis era would do good in 70s
    which they wouldnt

do you see any of the names I put losing in that time

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    ascended likes this.
  8. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, why should what either of us believe matter? Our opinions aren't film.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  9. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    I asked you a question buddy cross do you see the names i put losing in that time from the vid you have of the 70s boxers I named I want a real answer from your view of their skills

ascended likes this.
  10. Stiches Yarn

Jan 2, 2021
    Yeah but here we are talkin about Tommy so i'm not sure why did you start mentioning them 1970's and the 1990's boxing legends in the first place.....

11. Pugguy

Pugguy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Words are overrated. I believe in ONLY what I can see. Keeping it real. And what I see here, I like. The 80s rule. In music, that is.

This content is protected

cross_trainer and moneytheman12 like this.
  12. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    your not keeping up cause I said legends put on louis era would go undefeated which means Louis was overrated

wasnt that the thing you said remember the you quotes you care about remember you said experts words matter I showed how thats flawed by putting on legends from 70s who would go undefeated had they been in louis era

i asked you a question you skipped over me asking if you think any of the names I put would be beat in Louis era you dont have to answer it shows you know they wouldnt which means you know the so called quotes dont matter like I said

which means you know louis wasnt as great as your acting like

ascended likes this.
  13. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    It's closed, Lol.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  14. Stiches Yarn

Jan 2, 2021
    Because my man, this thread isn't about the 1970's heavyweight legends.
    but if you insist, i am going to tell you that Ali would probably beat everybody in the Joe Louis era and Frazier and Foreman would be strongly favored over 95% of them.
    But it is NOT because the brown bomber's era was full of tomato cans who were promoted as real contenders (like today).
    It is because Ali, Frazier and Foreman were that damn great.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  15. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I hear you my friend, no one wants to earn their stripes the right way, it seems as though today they buy their stripes, not like yesteryear when a fighter had to earn accolades.

Stiches Yarn likes this.