Tommy Morrison vs. Joe Louis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Seamus, Apr 12, 2019.

Tommy Morrison vs. Joe Louis

1. Tommy by KO

18 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Tommy by Dec.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Joe by KO

98 vote(s)
    83.8%
  4. Joe by Dec.

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    well I say look close stop acting blind

Louis went undefeated cause his opponents were trash and how would Frazier lose then its nobody in that time to cause him trouble when they moved like they did
    same goes for George none of those dudes were that tough and didnt move enough

only person I see giving George any trouble is jersey cause he moved good and then he was a lw so he would be destroyed to

nobody can really say 70s-90s were trash when they moved like they did not as a whole

ascended likes this.
  2. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, what if they just respond by accusing you of being blind? And then they just repeat that it's actually the 90s guys that were trash?

What is your next move? It doesn't work to just keep shouting "No!" at each other.

Attrition. Frazier isn't lasting 10 years.

Jersey Joe Walcott wasn't a lightweight (lw).

That said, Foreman had a good shot at longevity. But he might get outslicked somewhere. Or even outclubbed in an unlucky exchange with one of the big ogres like Simon or the Brothers Baer.

3. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Cross_trainer, Rulesmakeitinteresting & Pugguy: you have all exercised mucho patience & intellectual rigor in trying to reason with Money & his semantically tortured posts.
    He will likely never acknowledge the worthless provocation of merely asserting a premise absent evidence.
    Nor that any opinion, even if it was supported with more than brief impressions & subjective feelings about video, is in any rational sense a FACT.

He will likely proceed directly to his eventual dotage smearing those who differ with him as "liars", "crazy", & "trolls".
    Since he is so easily triggered & emotion based, he cannot fathom that others might just hold a different honest, heartfelt, (& overwhelmingly more discerning & complex) opinion than him.

I admire your efforts to reach him, & it was a virtue to oppose ignorance...
    But while I am loathe to advise ignoring or ostracizing someone who has some decency or sincerity, at a certain point we likely need to realize the value of having reacted in restrained & rational ways & in defense of good practices here...

However eventually it just does not pay to try to reach someone who will neither see reason nor even apologize for any insults or unkindness.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  4. kaapa2

kaapa2 Photo believed to be Col. W.E. Kurtz... Full Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Exactly.

Entaowed likes this.
  5. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2019
    Dont you know that education is "brainwashing"? That's how people perceive those things nowadays.

6. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Its either a coping mechanism to deal with the fact he goofed off in school or is simply slow and writes at the 1st grade level (which is no different from crazy people shouting "I'm not crazy, you're crazy). If that's the case, he needs to be honest with himself and go take a GED class or something instead of giving the military ideas on how to torture people's eyes.

Or he's doing it on purpose to troll, which is sad because the guy is like 40 and apparently has nothing better to do than seek attention on the internet. He calls himself Money, but people who do that are often broke and just projecting. If he was making serious money it would be very unlikely that he would be on here all day and indicates he is likely unemployed. That would make this whole situation even sadder and pathetic honestly. A troll is supposed to actually be funny or at the very least able to tick people off and he fails at both miserably.

7. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    If Matty Mac and co. can't hit permanento delete i think they should be forced to proof read and correct every post he makes moving forward!!!! :sisi1

Do we need a poll?

8. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Well, whatever moneytheclown's silliness, the poll is so overwhelmingly in favor of Louis he's just doing his usual farting in the wind. Practically nobody agrees with you and pretty much everybody here thinks you're an idiot, moneytheclown. So, you either like being a completely disrespected and mostly ignored loser, or you're just too dumb to acknowledge it.

JohnThomas1 and 70sFan865 like this.
  9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He didn't say talk, he said write. Colloquialisms and dialect is not present in proper writing. There is a correct way to write and your posts are among the furthest thing from I've seen which is still in the bounds of the English language.

It's like when I have to read an email or text for my dad :lol:

10. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I once talked to a guy who knew maybe 20 words in English and the conversation was easier to follow.

11. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    the crazy trolls all come out when the truth is said
    jersey wasnt a lw back then but he would be had he faced fighters I named you know that just like joe would

how would George be caught by those dudes look how they move no way George gets hit often by them

well I never had that problem in real life is the thing which makes it a act of blindness just to debate or be bias which we talked on the bias thing days ago

Frazier makes it undefeated that era it is nobody to give him problems you forgot the orginal joe went years why couldnt the better joe at movement do it better

ascended likes this.
  12. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    How would facing Muhammad Ali transform the 195 pound Jersey Joe Walcott into a lightweight?

Maybe the people you talk to in real life just have different opinions than the ones you meet online.

13. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    no its cause it's a act nobody believes this stuff they say online you dont ether which is why you said the people in 70s would beat the ones in Louis era thats like a 40 year difference and upgrade in skill and movement

which is to the reason why they were called bums then most people do say those dudes wasnt modern which means outdated in tech and movement not opinion

and people here are say those dudes in louis era and himself could beat those in 70s unless the 70s was on the same level in skill and movement it's no way anybody can really see the 70s dudes and think they lose to those back then

it's no opinion the 70s was more advanced

ali himself couldnt the division in weight would qualify jersey as a lw look at his build he was small not a hw in modern times definition as a hw same with louis

ascended likes this.
  14. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    I said Foreman and Ali might, just like Louis did. Frazier loses eventually.

Also, if I don't believe what I say online, then you can't trust any of my statements that agree with you, either.

15. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Morrison was never put on his arse by a weak puncher with 1 punch, the way Louis was.

ascended and moneytheman12 like this.