Tommy Morrison vs Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Agent E-45, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    it is so hard to know how Marciano would do against big heavyweights since he really was a cruiserweight. P4p Rocky stops Morrison in about 3. But Morrison of the Foreman fight stops Rocky in about 2. Just too much size. The Marciano who fought at heavyweight was not a heavyweight of today or of 1990.

ascended likes this.
  2. marcianofrazier

marcianofrazier Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Heavy hands is combates de boxeo. What a freak broXD

3. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

what a freak bro? , freak because i did join with another use rname this time? :blood you are bit stupid right?, for sure not older than 18... every poster with brain here knew that who i am since the minute 1, just little innocent puppets like you did not know it. donĀ“t play with the big boys go back with your cartoons.
    by the way who hell are you? with 27 cappy posts? you were not even on this forum when i was commenting here under the user name combatesdeboxeo, you are a *****

4. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

and yes, morrison was too strong, he did hit too hard for marciano h2h

ascended likes this.
  5. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

the king troll is back.... telll me what middle weight would have the chin to survive the complete fight against old foreman or ruddock..

6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Carmine Vingo hit very hard and supposedly came close to flooring Rock. It was that close call that made Marciano unleash hell that sent Vingo into a coma. From that moment on he let down on his power.

A Rocky short 6 inch punch with full leverage is enough to crush any man of any size.

Morrision's best interest is to hope it ends early.

7. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I personally think it would be an interesting fight.

Obviously if they were both fighting in the same era, do you not think Marciano would study Morrison and be wary of his power????

And vice versa also applies, Morrison could box carefully, wary of Marcianos power after seeing what happened to Walcott (if this all happened in the same era). Question is could Morrisons stamina keep up? its one thing running from Foreman but Marcianos stamina is legendary.

I see a Walcott Vs Marciano / Mercer Vs Morrison type scenario

Morrison boxing well, using his power to get Rocks respect, ahead on the cards, but rock catches upto him sooner or later. All depends on how Rock reacts when hit with a Morrison hook. If he takes it, hes taking Tommy into deep waters and drowning him.

8. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004

Michael Bent who Herbie Hide starched touched the middleweight chin that Ray exposed ....Heavy Lips the 5th grader is back being the 5th grader tough mouth ******

9. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

so being knocked out by 2 full sized strong hws is = having a mw chin? then lennox lewis had a mw chin also because he got knocked out by a single punch by rahman and mcall... uh? JOE LOUIS WAS KNOCKED OUT BY THE 190S POUNDER SCHMELING , I GUARANNTE YOU THAT MERCER DID HIT HARDER THAN SCHMELING, BUT LOUIS DID NOT HAVE A MW CHIN BECAUSE IS ONE OF YOUR FAVOUTIE FIGHTERS? UH? TROLL ? marciano was dropped by a former mw- natural lhw 40 years old archie moore who was a much weaker puncher H2H THAN MORRISON (IT IS H2H NOT PFP)go back to the cave king troll.

ascended likes this.
  10. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004

very good post :good

11. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

in this case the size advantage was natural not artificial, tommy morrison (even if he used roids later in his career) he was naturally much bigger and stronger than marciano h2h with roids or not , he had a huge back, he was a very wide man of shoulders, he was clearly a natural 220s pounder

12. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I am aware that you place a high premium on size, but at some point quality has to count for something.

With a guy like Michaerl Bentt you have to say "actualy this guy is so far from being a great fighter, that it is less damaging to be stopped by a smaller fighter who is and all time great".

Unless you literaly think that size is the only thing that matters.

13. heavy_hands

heavy_hands Guest

i agree with you in part, i think that a great small fighter beats a big average fighter, but morrison was a good(better than average for sure) big ,strong, top puncher and basing on their styles he could hurt rocky badly, marciano was not a mover type genne tunney, he was a small,short brawler and he was dropped by small guys, morrison could ko him for sure.
    do you think also that morrison had a mw chin based on these 2 fights againts mercer and bent? honestly? it is just laughable

14. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Utter nonsense.

Without body building Tommy Morrison would have been lucky to weigh more than 190lb had he trained in a 1950s traditional boxing training camp. He was not a hulking big boned specimen. 6 foot 1 and naturally lean.

Lift weights on a bench and it openes up the ribs broadening the back. checkout the narow hips that dont correspond to the shoulders, arms, neck and back.

As i said before enhancement does not make anyone fight better against a great fighter. It only looks good against a fall guy where the advantages are amplified to comic proportions but better fighters fight back. Better fighters can fight.

Greatness can overcome an Artificial size advantage.

15. Brownies

Brownies Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2010
    There's now way Tommy Morrison last 12 rounds with Marciano. When he was from a close distance, he used to throw those flashy combinations that kept getting him in trouble, opening up too much and leaving his chin exposed. You can't fight like that against a puncher like Marciano. I don't think the difference in height would make it hard enough for Marciano to land that right hand. Tommy wasn't fighting tall most of the time anyway.