Toney vs RJJ at catch weight of 168

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BUDW, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sweet_scientist

sweet_scientist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Well it's pretty well established that he schooled Camacho in training. Emanuel Steward and Gavin Evans said it, and you're just going to disbelieve it :lol:

2. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Obsessed with Boxing banned

Dec 26, 2007
    Everyone says schools Camacho in sparring, and you're going to assume the exact opposite and just assume Camacho actually schooled him? I see your assumption as a bit further off.

3. Sweet Pea

Dec 26, 2007
    McGirt was very slick and smooth in his day, with a good punch and good speed. And he was most certainly not a "come forward mexican pressure fighter".

4. sweet_scientist

sweet_scientist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 8, 2004
    To be fair to Brownpimp, he does have some hard evidence for it: Redrooster remembers reading it somewhere in some magazine whilst no longer remembering in which magazine it was in :lol:

5. brownpimp88

brownpimp88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    i said 85% of his opponents, not all. Like i said before, you still havent told me a style that would guarantee a win over whitaker, your dodging the question pal.

6. Sweet Pea

Dec 26, 2007
    You never asked a question, at all, so don't lie, first of all.

At LW, what style would beat Whitaker? What style or what fighter? I'm sure I could think of a style that noone had, but as far as a fighter? At LW? You could make a few suggestions, but as I've said over and over, I would favor none of them.

7. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  8. Mega Lamps

Mega Lamps Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Wrong and it was no 85%, so wrong again. I don't know where you're getting that number from.

9. brownpimp88

Feb 26, 2007
    jorge paez
    azumah nelson
    joe luis ramirez
    julio cesar vazquez
    julio cesar chavez
    policarpo diaz
    santos cardona
    greg haugen
    wilfredo rivera
    rapeal pineda

These guys are all come forward pressure fighters and they make up the vast majority of whitaker's main opponents. I dont count the pre-title bums as opponents.

10. Symphenyceo

Symphenyceo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 16, 2007
    :lol:

11. werety

werety Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    IMO a style that gives Whitaker hell is an extremely fast offensive fighter with great outside boxing ability and footspeed. In a p4p sense I say SRL or Robinson would be stylistic nightmares for Whitaker although Sweat Pea disagrees with me.

12. brownpimp88

Feb 26, 2007
    let him disagree, hes a nuthugger. When did whitaker fight anyone that resembles leonard or even another defensive master like a locce, or benitez. He picks whitaker to beat robinson p4p, lol. Does he honestly think pernell is the best of all times, lol.

13. werety

werety Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Well by watching Pernell I would say he's one of the best ever. Honestly a brilliant defensive boxer with mastery of all ranges of fighting and probably the best boxer ever off the back foot but personally I see a Leonard or a Robinson as being all wrong for him stylistically.

14. Sweet Pea

Dec 26, 2007
    Me and werety already had this convo. Unlike you, I actually had good, well thought out arguments for Whitaker. And I wasn't saying Whitaker beats Robinson at 147 either by the way, I was saying the Lightweight version of Whitaker vs the Welterweight version of Robinson, P4P I'd take Whitaker slightly, though perhaps taking Robinson in a rematch. Am I getting into it again? No, because I already put a very good amount of my time into that argument.

And no, I think P4P there are fighters that could beat Whitaker.

15. Sweet Pea

Dec 26, 2007
    Greg Haugen was not a come forward pressure fighter you tool.:roll: You don't even know these fighters, therefore don't judge them.