Toney vs RJJ at catch weight of 168

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BUDW, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sweet_scientist

sweet_scientist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Here's some fighters who weren't come forward pressure fighters:

Oscar de la Hoya
    Buddy McGirt
    Diosbelys Hurtado
    Roger Mayweather
    Jake Rodriquez
    Harold Brazier
    Freddie Pendleton

The majority of Whitaker's opponents were come forward pressure fighters. The VAST majority were not. And it certainly wasn't 85 percent of them.

2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Yeah Nelson, Ramirez, Haugan and Mayweather were all bums...

3. brownpimp88

brownpimp88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2007
    i mentioned thier names you dumbass, the guys that were not mentioned by either me or sweet scientist were the ones that really arent relevant.

4. ripcity

ripcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    I'm going to pick Toney to win Noone else is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. brownpimp88

Feb 26, 2007
    greg hauegn aint no boxer and he isnt a slugger, yeah pressure fighter is what fits him. I have sen his fights with chavez, camacho and whitaker, thats enough to 'know' him.

since when are you to tell me if i know them, i have seen thier fights with whitaker and yeah its pretty much a given that all these men are pressure ifghters, and slow ones too.

6. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    You said:

Whitaker did not win the championship until he beat Nazorio; so his "pre title bums" include Mayweather, Haugan, Ramirez and Nelson...

7. brownpimp88

Feb 26, 2007
    are you like slow or something, obviously i mean the guys that were not even contenders. If i list those men and say his pre-title bums dont count, it means pre title bums not all of his pre title opponents.

8. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    Well it is not that obvious, you made a general statement that was simply not true. As for being slow or something, well this half wit caught you out, my quarter wit friend... Ok; third wit.;)

9. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Obsessed with Boxing banned

Dec 26, 2007
    Haugen was a good counter-puncher with good boxing skills. He was made to look like a fool with Whitaker, and didn't even attempt to pressure him.

Haugen pressured Chavez? Really? So he didn't pressure Chavez or Whitaker, and perhaps he did with Camacho(haven't seen it) and you come to the conclusion that if he is the aggressor against a runner like Camacho, that he is an all out pressure fighter?