Tonight’s Boxing

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Exclusive

Exclusive New Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Ryder won by two rounds on my card and that was giving Smith a couple of close rounds.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The Matchroom PR Dept Tony Hayers has been despatched to the forum to deal with the current Matchroom crisis with allegations of bent judges and cards.

400 Tyson Fury threads will be bumped during the night to hide this news

3. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Disgusting result

4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Smith won the last round. Boxed beautifully for 2 mins of it. Ryder won the other 1 minute but overall definitely it was a Smith round.

Scissors likes this.
  5. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I've seen some people elsewhere claiming that it the fight was "difficult to score" because not much clean was landing. If that's the case, Ryder should be winning the vast majority of the difficult to score rounds, as he controlled the action in nearly every round, dictated the pace, and was clearly the aggressor.

The only way Smith wins that fight is with clean scoring punches - ie he was landing the cleaner punches in a way that was not obvious watching it on TV. That's possible I suppose, but based on what we could see on the screen that was one of the worst decisions of the year.

ryanm8655, Twentyman and Heisenberg like this.
  6. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Terry O'Connor is just truly incompetent. Its not a one of he is regularly terrible.

Scissors and Here's Johnny like this.
  7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The question on my lips is now only this, what next for Ryder? This was his big chance and he took it with both hands, I really feel for him, he could and should be a World Champion looking ahead to some potentially huge fights, instead he's probably staring at a few lower level, a lot less paid fights for the next 18 months. He'll be 33 by then.

8. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ryder was landing clean all night and battered the body. Smith seemed to miss with everything he threw.

It's a horrible sport boxing. It really is. But I love it.

Inglis_1 and Jurgen like this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The most worrying part is that Smith's punches had little effect on Ryder and he was so easy to bully and hit.

Could easily see a motivated Eubanks Jnr in there teeing off on Smith or Billy Joe Saunders playing with Smith for 12 rounds.

Forget Canelo or any elite fighter.

10. dreadlockno1

dreadlockno1 Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Ryder won, controlled the ring. 70ish% of the fight was fought how John wanted it to be fought.

Gutted. Robbed, and I lost a tenner.

11. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Hearn is very much Team Sims, married into the family. It was a very close fight I think because Ryder was the big betting underdog people are favouring him in many of the close rounds. Dont get me wrong Ryder was terrific and the odds were a joke, John Ryder is a quality SMW.

EJC83 likes this.
  12. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    No mate. He is corrupt. Not incompetent.

Leave that horrible word for the Steve Bunce's of the world.

Wizbit1013 and Jurgen like this.
  13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Not if the wrong result ruins it

14. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Yep, that's how I saw it. Ryder didn't seem to get any credit for his work to the body, or for much else really.

15. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Ryder has good footwork, were as Eubank doesn't so he would get splattered. Weirdly enough more chance of Smith getting a superfight now, as that's how it seems to be in boxing.

Jurgen likes this.