TONY BELLEW ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Marcus Gill, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Marcus Gill

Marcus Gill New Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2018
    This content is protected

2. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    then fights Dillian Whyte next summer at Wembley

3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Reached higher than he himself believed he could
    Enjoy it

DJN16, im sparticus and Twentyman like this.
  4. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Great fighter, totally changed my opinion of him.

Shame to see him go, but he was very good.

lepinthehood, Twentyman and moog like this.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    He already retired from Boxing when he decided to fight Haye twice for money and only shared a ring with Usyk for a third bag of PPV loot

6. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Well done Bellew and enjoy your retirement.

Scissors likes this.
  7. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Odds on next retirement announcement?

Seems a long shot but I'll take the unlikely odds on not until the next Matchroom PPV... in all seriousness it will probably be tomorrow, but being risky here

8. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    We already knew Tony (sorry Anthony) you don’t have to make an official video people don’t care that much.

BaronSamedi, BXNG101 and 305th like this.
  9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    If Buglioni gets knocked out tomorrow he definitely should think about packing it in unless he wants to earn another 75 grand or so to get the same treatment from Yarde.

Brook is two fights away. If Chisora gets stopped by Whyte I doubt he would consider retiring still.

Scissors and N17 like this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Not over yet - now that Bellew has cemented his place as a PPV Champion without winning a belt while taking 4 separate bags of PPV loot, surely he will get a chance to say goodbye to the British Fans in the ring, just before Tony Dosh faces another pudding in his next fight at Wembley

11. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    I meant the next time we hear Bellew announce he's retiring! But fair input, I reckon you are right about Brook being two fights away. Buglioni will fight on I expect, Chisora, where does he go after the Whyte fight if it's a bad KO? He's looked like retiring many times and keeps coming back. He's said he feels 21 again and feels fresh, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him just have maybe one last hurrah win. Perhaps Dave Allen as his retirement farewell. Wouldn't like to see Allen go through that, mind.

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Thank you for the memories, right back to Bob Ajisafe.. great times.

You talked about going to "War" nearly ever time you fought and who could forget Cleverly I and II personally I'll never forget those, they were absolute "Wars". Chilemba I and II where you went to "War" again and again.

Watching you get knocked out by.. and I quote "a midget" in Stevenson. Watching you get knocked out again by Usyk and Hearn cradling your head.

I didn't mention the old and damaged Haye who you said yourself conned the public and told us that he couldn't do it any more, you were right.

I will not hold it against you that you never beat a reigning champion at any level and only ever won vacant titles.

Good luck and all the best for the future.

13. Judge 1

Judge 1 Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Bellew said after the Usyk fight he wanted to be left alone and out of the public eye for 12 months he just wants to be normal again and be able to jump on a bus without being recognized like everyone else it’s not been a couple of weeks and he’s made a video stating he’s now retired he said all this in the press conference after Usyk KO him so why make another video

im sparticus likes this.
  14. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Well its been a couple of weeks now since he retired, I think it is safe to say that he can get on any bus he wants, nobody knows or gives two hoots who he is.

So he should just do what he promised he would do, just go away with his money that he fleeced from the people who bought in to his BS.

Bye Bye bellend!!!

Jurgen and BXNG101 like this.
  15. Judge 1

Judge 1 Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Great post fuuuk Bellend

BaronSamedi likes this.